• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OVERCLOCKING FROM 4.5 TO 5.0 Ghz AMD10 7850K, asrock extr.6, LOW-PROFILE COOLERS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dav78

Hello, for this configuration, I would like to do the overclock, AMD A10 7850K ,mb Asrock extreme6, cabinet Corsair Graphite 780T Full-Tower, I prefer LOW-PROFILE COOLERS

What a type suggest LOW PROFILE COOLERS me for an overclock from 4,5 To 5.0 Ghz ?

Thanks.

Not sure 5GHz is in the cards with that thing... what is your voltage at with 4.5GHz clocks?

Also not sure a low pro heatsink is going to work well enough depending on the voltage and temps...

Probably one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608020
It's a top of the line C_type cooler. I found around 4.5 is where the voltage really starts to climb so when you're ready to OC come back and start a thread in the AMD CPU section.
But I would suggest an closed water cooler of some sort like the swiftec h220x or even the H320 in that case. It has lots of room for water cooling and that suits these chips a lot better if you want to get a high OC out of it.

Back