• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[UNIQUE] Which of these 3 (identical) CPUs would last longer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But, I don't understand the point of this line of questioning. You have all the information you need (and more) to make an educated choice. Pull the trigger on one of those CPUs already. :)

Hence post #62. ;)

Those can be air clocks...but likely water.

But, I don't understand the point of this line of questioning. You have all the information you need (and more) to make an educated choice. Pull the trigger on one of those CPUs already. :)
yeah I know all seemed finally clear but then post #75 made me doubt again so back to square1 :p

I decided I gonna ask for another discount so if he sells it real cheap then at least it's a deal (cause package includes a huge Zalman radial-style HSF & that one at least I can test as soon as I done purchase)

alrite well all's good I think - got a good deal on the Zalman & the cpu, passes 3x memtest + all prime tests while maxing out @ 67°C in a moderately cooled case (and we're going thru a record heatwave) so it looks like a deal :)

just a couple new questions tho:

1- I still feel I could've done better with temps especially with a 700g radial Zalman heatsink
I put a blob of mx4 paste in middle of CPU but it only "leaked" out slightly on 1 side once I fully pressed & set the heatsink on it, which suggests the paste ain't covering the whole cpu - is that a sizeable loss in cooling performance?

2- this 760 cpu only uses 1.1V max core voltage which is less than the 1.2V my spare 750 cpu needs even though the 750 is slower - good news but no idea why that is
does the 760 use superier tech? I thought they're essentially the same cpu so if the 760 is clocked higher it should require a higher voltage no? :confused:

1. Maybe... try it again and see!
2. Every cpu, even the same exact model will have a different vxore. Means very little to you. :)

Last edited:
I would but it's just that installing that huge heatsink is a major pain in the a :(
(requires removing the mobo & dismantling everything all over again)

Last edited:
Back