• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Build AMD FX-9590 Asus R290x Matrix Platinum

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarokamaro007

Registered
Hi.Im, new on this forum and im not sure if i post it in right spot :(
Motherboard: Asus Croshair V Formula-Z
Processor: AMD FX-9590 @ 4.7Ghz
Memory :Corsair Vengeance Pro 32Gb 2133Mhz
Graphics Card #1 Asus R290x Matrix Platinum
Storage #1 Asus RAIDR SSD 240 Gb
Storage #2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500 Gb
CPU Cooler XSPC Delta V3 CPU Block(Acetal)
Case Cooler Master Cosmos 2
Power Supply Chieftec 850W
1 x EX360 Radiator
1 x EX240 Radiator
OS Windows 8.1
82babd4a20d909f53a107164f69e22ce.jpg

Welcome! That is a pretty awesome system there! Good looking too!

Scary power supply though...

Last edited:
1 300w is overkill bigtime. Are you sticking with that sine card? If so, just grab evga supernova g2 750w. If you are getting another 2o0x, go 850w-1kw.

i have 2nd R290x matrix here just waiting for EK FC Waterblock and backplate,so that is why i will buy 1300 W PSU..i was reading that i need around 1200-1250 Watt PSU if i have fx-9590 and two R290X Matrix...maybe i am wrong?not sure :(

It depends on how far you plan on overclocking. If you are pushing the limits and benchmarking, then go 1.3KW. If you are just going for 'normal' overclocks on both CPU and GPU, a quality 1KW is fine (like the EVGA Supernova G2). I have a 295x2 (2 290x) and an intel hex, and when both are maxed out benchmarking (not 24/7 overclocks, this is pushed to the limit), I can hit 800W. Now, your CPU is more power hungry than mine, but, you should get the point. To put it in perspective, I use a 750W PSU for that setup. THe CPU is overclocked and the cards are stock.

Most people in your situation can easily use a 1KW PSU for that setup. But agian, if you are pushing the limits and perhaps voltmodding/biosmodding the cards, then I would go 1.3KW.

Last edited:
ok thank u for advise.i just using this RIG for gaming nothing else....i will go with 1300 Watt...id like to run CPU at 5 Ghz and overclock GPU litle bit...but i find it hard...i just changed GPU Clock to 1070 and GPU voltage to 1262....

You dont need the 1.3KW PSU... but ok.

You also likely do not need to raise the voltage on the GPU that high to reach 1070 MHz on the GPU either...

ok.I was reading that is better if U get litle bit more power PSU then u need cos the run cooler ??sorry if im wrong...ok so i can click on gaming setup??instead of changing it myself??Gamind setup is 1070MHZ Gpu clock and 5420 Memorry clock..is that safer??

You are almost always better off overclocking yourself then using a program to do it. In most cases you will find you can manually Oc to X Ghz with less voltage.

What resolution are you playing games at? Unless you are at 4K I highly doubt there is a need to overclock those cards in the first place...

But yeah, I would overclock manually first, though I have had zero issues with the MSI gaming app. Its not like its a CPU and complicated.

Honestly, if I was you, I would keep the single 290x and not install the other, and then when you get a 4K monitor, upgrade your GPU to a different one. 2 290x's at 1080 is massive overkill for 1080p, is very power hungry, and there are potential issues with multi GPU setups anyway.

i just want 2nd GPU because in some games on Ultra settings i have only 35-45 FPS and id like to have at least 60..

I just bought fx9590 few weeks ago....do u think 2 of them GPU i have will not do good job in games whit this processor??

It will do a fine job, dont get me wrong. But it is putting a glass ceiling on them, particularly at that low of a resolution. See the link I provided.

It shows you that there is a significant difference with 2 7970's in Crossfire with an AMD CPU (8350) versus an Intel CPU (3770K)... on the order of 26% difference at the same clockspeeds.

Back