• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plugs Pulled.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Well all but one system have been shut down. I knew it was coming but had to happen. I have one small system still folding, and will always have at least one system folding.
Sorry team.

No apology necessary. You live in a really hot part of the country.

Though I do appreciate the bump to 3rd place in daily production.

I have to think that all those rigs were really adding up to a huge heat load to your A/C system. Double the power or more of winter folding.

Cya on the flip side. :salute: :cheers:

Sorry to see the production loss but you have been kicking butt for a while now. Still happy to have you as a team-mate.

Dude you were hitting 15 million a week....nothing to be sorry about there!!

Come back when you can, we will be waiting.

Is it really that hard to upgrade the cooling to withstand high temperature operation and move the machines to where the heat is not objectionable? Dell has some servers specifically designed for continuous operation at up to 104F ambient (up to 113F for a short time) and from the few I have worked on, the only difference is more powerful fans.

Is it really that hard to upgrade the cooling to withstand high temperature operation and move the machines to where the heat is not objectionable? Dell has some servers specifically designed for continuous operation at up to 104F ambient (up to 113F for a short time) and from the few I have worked on, the only difference is more powerful fans.

It is not the machines handling the heat that is the problem. The problem is my Central A/C Unit handling the heat the machines are putting out in a small apt.:(

- - - Updated - - -

I have 2 rigs still running and the A/C seems to be handling everything quite well. At least not running constantly.

I couldn't even imagine running multiple folding machines in an apt. I bow to your dedication good sir :salute:

During the summer (now!) my wife is constantly complaining about how hot my computer makes our room. She likes the extra warmth in the winter though...

Maybe I can parley this into justification for a couple of GTX 970s to replace my hottie HD 7870 cards ;)

BTW we don't have A/C and swamp coolers don't work in our present unusually humid hot conditions. We're usually very hot, but bone dry and the swamp cooler works great.

Don't worry about it, I'm down for summer too, I have a few CPU clients going and I put through the occasional GPU unit, but that's it.

I agree with the others here, no apologies needed.

Perhaps a psychological professional could get their PHd based upon research into the psychological implications of why we "Fold" and how it affects our actions and emotions?

Hi, I'm Far and I'm a Folding Addict.

For me, the time my mom got cancer (she's cured and doing well now) was a big motivation for me to Fold, and to a lesser extent, friends having to deal with a relative or one of their friends getting cancer also motivate me to Fold. There's also something about using otherwise wasted resources to help others.

If only Folding could help depression as I have a good friend who is suffering from it... (I suppose it could, indirectly, in cases where they or someone else suffering from cancer is the root cause.)

For me, the time my mom got cancer (she's cured and doing well now) was a big motivation for me to Fold, and to a lesser extent, friends having to deal with a relative or one of their friends getting cancer also motivate me to Fold. There's also something about using otherwise wasted resources to help others.

If only Folding could help depression as I have a good friend who is suffering from it... (I suppose it could, indirectly, in cases where they or someone else suffering from cancer is the root cause.)

Indirectly it can yes :)

I actually get quite upset when I can't fold. Folding is powerful, I feel good knowing that my GPU's are putting out very useful results.
In short, folding makes me happy.

I'm a lifetime folder, I have 0 plans on stopping. :)

Hardass. I'm reminided of a line in the Princess Bride movie when I look at your "unplugging" claim. To quote: "I do not think that word means what you think it means." Your ppd is through the roof buddy.

Back