• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Witcher 3 - randomly nvidia driver crash after ALT-TAB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sew333 said:
What you think about it, it can be really unstable card? I dont know what to do.

Earthdog said:
You seem to keep repeating the problem but do not mention if you tried what we suggested.

That's because when you first load into the game your gpu goes from 0% to 100% load so quickly it can't handle it. It causes it to become unstable.
You can try raising the voltage on the card .05v and see if that helps...

sew333 said:
I dont know what to do.
... but as others have said, and we are not sure if you tried it or not, is to switch drivers.

All of his threads are like this...my patience is juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust about finished here unless we receive at least a semi-conscious response.

I just ask you , what you think about that.
Somebody said to me"
That's because when you first load into the game your gpu goes from 0% to 100% load so quickly it can't handle it. It causes it to become unstable. And it doesn't matter if your card is overclocked or not. It can still be unstable not overclocked if you were sent a dud graphics card. Dud's do happen time to time. I would RMA it if you can."

From yours theory its card problem or not?

And I answered...

You can try raising the voltage on the card .05v and see if that helps...

... like I, and others, have multiple times, but you seem to choose not to respond to our suggestions (drivers/upping voltage - did you try what we suggested and did it work or not)?

NOBODY CAN TELL YOU WHAT THE PROBLEM IS UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY TROUBLESHOOT AND RESPOND TO WHAT WE ASKED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also cross site posted and they are saying the same things we are...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?70709-Witcher-3-randomly-nvidia-driver-crash-after-ALT-TAB

Last edited:
i have 2 of these cards and its a driver issue

- - - Updated - - -

its not the card eearth dog =D its drivers both the old and the new driver both do it the only way for it not to happen is download the older titan x drivers the ones before 353.06

- - - Updated - - -

the titan x older drivers work but u might lose a couple of fps is the only thing as i said ive had both the new and the old 980ti driver and both have this driver black screen problem dont worry your cards are fine

We knew it likely wasn't hardware as we said earlier, but in order to confirm, this guy needs to respond to something, ANYTHING, we suggested.

It could also be the game... perhaps not in this case, but since the OP didn't test anything we said...... who knows.

There also isn't really a 'card specific' driver either (in reference to "older Titan X drivers). With cards in the same generation or two, its the same exact driver for each (unless it is a new card release and a driver comes out for that, BUT, ANY card can still use it... that driver just supports the new card too). I clarify this point as I fear the OP would try to search for "Titan X drivers" and not come up with anything since drivers are, for the most part, card agnostic. Just rolling back driver versions, or looking at the one bishoff said will get you there without confusing people with a 'card specific' driver.

its a shame really back in the old days nvidia drivers where the bomb they was so heavily tested where as now they are becoming like amds not as bad but still not next level like they used to be

- - - Updated - - -

the new driver for the titan x is the same driver as the one for 980 ti its on forums about it working nvidia forums but either way yes black screen recover is annoying but at least it does recover =D i actually reverted from the new 980ti driver 353.30 back to 353.06 because 353.30 gave me 20 fps less in bf4.....

i have 2 of these cards and its a driver issue

- - - Updated - - -

its not the card eearth dog =D its drivers both the old and the new driver both do it the only way for it not to happen is download the older titan x drivers the ones before 353.06

- - - Updated - - -

the titan x older drivers work but u might lose a couple of fps is the only thing as i said ive had both the new and the old 980ti driver and both have this driver black screen problem dont worry your cards are fine

I haven't seen any issues with new games and drivers on Maxwell.
I'd say it's something wrong with his OS or his individual driver config.

I say THIS though...

NOBODY CAN TELL YOU WHAT THE PROBLEM IS UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY TROUBLESHOOT AND RESPOND TO WHAT WE ASKED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall i can play 24 hours without single crash. It will only crash display driver after loaded level when world appear at 1 first second.

Sew,

I'm closing the thread. This game has gone on long enough.

If you would like it re-opened, please PM me with some sort of acknowledgement that you tried bishoff's driver he suggested, or an older driver, or raise the voltage slightly like I suggested. Once you confirm you tried those things to me, I will open the thread back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back