• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New screaming gaming laptop...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

The name is AORUS and I guess Newegg has the exclusive launch.

It has an i7 5700HQ with dual GTX 965M graphics in SLI with 8gb ddr5, 16gb ram, and 1tb of storage, but in the announcement, it said that it had three ssd's in raid0 so....

Anyhow, it finally looks like a serious gaming laptop that really COULD replace your desktop, and at a decent price....if $2,200.00 is decent. Edit: that should be $2300.00 end edit:
Youtube video showed smooth gameplay.

So those in need of replacing your laptop, now might be the time..or wait for the inevitable Christmas deals.

Because it is a Newegg exclusive, you know where to look..I could post a link, but it is 1:27am and I'm feeling a bit lazy atm.
Cheers,
Doc

it would feel a little warm, but that is all.
dont dare move it though, cause the bits of your skin that arent used to the temps will be scorched, haha.
at least thats my experience with gaming on laptops!

Overall for a gaming laptop that is very impressive especially for the price point. Curious what was loss on the quality

The odd resolution is a 3k panel. I'd say similar to what apple is using in their new mac books. Might seem odd but with that power under the hood it probably can deliver nicely. To make it last longer I'd think a 1440p panel would of done the trick or dare I say 1080p panel in that size note book.

Last edited:
Back