• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT 440 best airflow with possitive preassure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

furey

Registered
Hi guys,

i'm looking for advice on my H440 setup. I'm not sure if my approach is good or my idea sucks. I was thinking if i should add another fan in the middle. And which one would be better push or pull ?

blue = 120 mm
orange = 140 mm

v18ad.jpg

Do you have a spot on the bottom for a fan? If so, I would put one there as intake, and turn the intake fan around on top and move it to the middle spot. The way you have it right now is likely causing a lot of turbulence across at least the top front intake fan, and I don't think that setup will exhaust very well.

Do you have a spot on the bottom for a fan? If so, I would put one there as intake, and turn the intake fan around on top and move it to the middle spot. The way you have it right now is likely causing a lot of turbulence across at least the top front intake fan, and I don't think that setup will exhaust very well.

Sadly there is no fan spot on the bottom. I changed my build a bit. Moved hard drives to the top. Now the top fan is cooling drives and some spare air is moved over CPU and it shouldn't cause turbulence with front fans.

One more thing i noticed. Because i started looking into airflow because my CPU temp during WoW which was about 41'C and it seemed for me a little high. After 1 hour spent with Fan Expert i discovered that my Maximus VII Ranger OC'd my CPU to 4.8 Ghz and it worked like charm O_O

41C under load is fine. No worries. If you'd like confirmation on if you have adequate air flow. Game for an hour and check temps. then pull off the side panel and game for another hour. If the temps drop more than 2-3 degrees then you need more airflow.

Also, I'd recommend OCing from the BIOS instead of using software, if I'm reading you correctly that is.

BTW, Welcome to the Forums!

I would have the top 2 fans and rear fan as exhaust while the front 3 and bottom are intake.

Why are you set on positive pressure?

Positive seems to do better for dust for me ?

Could just be the characteristics of my particular case though ???

Did a client build in this case, loved it

Positive pressure keeps dust from coming in the cracks of your PC... that is about it. But that only works if your intake is filtered anyway. :)

Positive seems to do better for dust for me ?

Could just be the characteristics of my particular case though ???

Did a client build in this case, loved it
Well, as far as i'm aware positive preassure is better so i'm planning to keep intake>ex

Positive pressure keeps dust from coming in the cracks of your PC... that is about it. But that only works if your intake is filtered anyway. :)

Well, i have decent filters on intake.

I would kill the top 120 mm intake fan

980ti Strix , nice

Still need to wait for it. Half of july in PL is expected date ;f

I would have the top 2 fans and rear fan as exhaust while the front 3 and bottom are intake.

Why are you set on positive pressure?
To keep dust away.

I'm going to reduce voltage on front fans to 9V using noctua LNA to keep it quiet.

It will stop it from coming in the cracks, that is about it. Not a huge issue. I'd roll with even for better airflow.

Back