• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsRock V3.1 Mobo's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yesterday I was testing some more on 1.31 BIOS. Results are the same as on 1.30.
Comparing to ASUS RVE:
- Crucial Elite/Micron IC is overclocking higher on ASRock but can't run at so tight timings as on ASUS
- G.Skill Ripjaws4/Hynix IC - 2 kits 3000 15-15-15 and 15-16-16 , both are running at higher clocks than on ASUS but can't run at so tight timings at lower clocks

I made worse Hynix kit to run @3700+ 16-18-18 but was unstable. The same as on ASUS, at 3200+ clock often 2nd memory channel can't see memory and I have to lower settings. It happens regardless what memory is in use. On some kits it's at higher, on some at lower clock.

I have no problems to run cache on new 5820K @4500 1.3V. It was actually booting at 1.25V but were some stability issues so I set it to 1.3V.

On current X99M Killer BIOS, x1.67 strap seems to be broken. I simply can't boot at any settings using 167+ bclk.

CPU is clocking great but I still can't make memory to run at so tight timings as on ASUS. On ASUS I was able to run my Hynix kits @3000 10-13-15/11-13-15 , on ASRock anything below CL12 and it's crashing. The same Crucial/Micron could make 3000 12-12-12 on ASUS while on ASRock it's 13-13-13 and anything below is acting weird. On the other hand memory clock is going higher on the same memory kits.

What voltages are you running 3000c10/c11.
I'm at 1.425v for 13-14-15-36-1t @ 3000.
My cpu has a cbb that the LN2 function does not overcome. My cold bug is at -122. So, if I crash, 15 minutes until im up again. Really need to get a torch. Definitely feel it is doing better than Champ though, lower voltages. Doesn't need a big push on volts ubtil I go over 56.

On blue Ripjaws4 it was ~1.72V. On red ~1.68V ... screenshots were around the forums and that OCN memory addicts thread. I also have Kingston Fury 2666 kit which is on Hynix and it's overclocking best above 3200 or maybe I should say it requires lower voltage and can run at tighter timings than both Ripjaws4 kits but I haven't been testing it at high voltages yet.

Personally I can say that Micron @3000 12-12-12 is performing slightly better than Hynix @3000 10-13-15/11-13-15 and requires much lower voltage. My kit needed 1.45V when I was testing it on ASUS. I'm not sure why barely anyone look at Micron DDR4. Looks like most overclockers just copy other people's settings and think that most expensive memory series are the best.

Lol. I got a pm from someone on ocn busting my chops because I'm not just copying what someone else posted. " How hard is it" with a link to someone's settings. I need some help from time to time, but i'd rather learn it and figure it out, and actually understand. Not much satisfaction or sense of accomplishment to be had in just copying exactly what someone else is doing.

lmao, I would tell him to pound sand
I don't really hang out in the Raptor Pit

Pop in to the FS section and the bot thread and that's the name of that tune .
Neither here nor there, I am ready for some cooler weather so i can get back into the game :)

Yeah, I taken it stride. Still rock out with my sock out without having crazy mem clocking skills. Same guy that sent the pm, I wave in the rear view mirror at him. Lol.

When I was giving advices on ocn then some guys called me troll. When I gave them proof for everything I said they ignored that. Only some guys pmed me for help as they couldn't find any good answer to their questions in 100+ pages threads where "local gurus" were spreading false info. I'm not saying I know everything. I just don't like to see how overclocking community is turning into brainless crowd. Most "overclockers" only use average guides written by average reviewers or casual overclockers. They are not even trying anything on their own. What they see on some forums has to be true because everything in the internet is true ...

Lots of info over there, just gotta separate the fact from bs. I agree too many "gurus over there.
Taking another crack at the 5820k tonight.Hopefully hot my goals and move on to 5960x this weekend.

Hitting some limits on cbb. Can get above 58, but extremely tricky with boot and temps. Once I get in, it's rock solid. Have to start up at -78 and then dump ln2 to -105 before sign in.. Going to try software. Know this chip has more to give.

Back