• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon 5150 - MSI AM1I OC is possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pisol

Hello all, my name is Danilo and I'm new in the forum and in overclocking in general.
I'm planning on building a mini ITX low end gaming PC with my current HTPC platform, AMD Athlon 5150 and MSI AM1I mobo.
Is it possible to overclock the CPU, at least only a little bit? In the BIOS configuration I found an overclocking section where some options are "Adjust CPU Ratio" and "DRAM Frequency".
What should I tweak to get 1800-1900 MHz? Stock is 1600MHz. Will it be stable?
Thanks all for reading, I really don't have a clue about Overclocking.
Greetings from Argentina.

Danilo

Doesn't Johan have one of these? Maybe he'll chime in when he's done beating on the 9370k.

All you need to OC this CPU is FSB/bclk option and NB/memory ratio. You don't need any voltages etc, actually my 5150 could run @2GHz at lowered voltage.
So simply set higher fsb/bclk ( don't know how it's called in your bios ). If you see problems with stability then lower memory clock ( ratio ) and that's all.
If you don't have fsb/bclk clock option then you won't be able to oc at all. CPU ratio is already at max and memory clock is 1600 max.

Thank you all for your answers. As you can see this is really new to me. Where can I look for the FSB/BCLK option?

Thank you all for your answers. As you can see this is really new to me. Where can I look for the FSB/BCLK option?

First post you said " I found an overclocking section where some options are "Adjust CPU Ratio" and "DRAM Frequency" and FSB/BCLK should be in the same location. See I don't have that model of mobo and not "seeing" bios is to not know.

RGone...

In the same window where you found "Adjust CPU Ratio" and "DRAM Frequency".

Edit:
RGone was faster than me ;)

Thanks for your answers guys. That option is not listed there, so I guess no OC for me.

Back