• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Warships

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaddyTinman

Registered
WoWS has been in Closed Beta for a while, but had some access available for new players through the purchase of premium ships. Also, a recent Humble Bundle gave more players access with a premium ship. I began playing in the pre-wipe to 0.4.0. This is a bit

Soon, Closed Beta Testing becomes Open Beta Testing hence the stats wipe and reset.

The carrier play is logistically challenging as your returning planes refit and reload before launching. You ships have a repair function and an HP recover tool so that your damage is not some downward spiral like in WoT. Destroyers move around like jet skis, launching a torpedo or two into the path of their targets. Battle ships have a long range reach to cover the engaging cruisers. And keep some of the AA-laden destroyers and cruisers close to you if you are playing a carrier. That is, if you can communicate over chat or have some friends that are platooning with you.

Any OCFers playing CBT?

I lost my internet a week before I received my closed Beta invitation. :( I forgot all about after that. Thanks for the reminder! I may have to look in to that again!

Open Beta Test now at full speed. Jump in and present your flotsam to the enemy.

My Wargaming ID is DaddyTin, if you care to drop me a friend request. Mention OCR so that you make it through my Stat Filter.

Back