• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lag problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mmoore2434

Hi! I'm fairly new but i couldn't find anywhere about this (maybe i wasn't looking hard enough) but i been having a problem where my internet will stutter, approximately every 20 seconds - 5 minutes (no pattern to it) i will get a 5k ping lag spike that will last anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds, then everything will go back to normal. This has been going on for about 2 weeks and started after a thunderstorm (just a normal thunderstorm) went overhead. I was just wondering if anyone knew by chance the problem, i also have no graphs or info or anything because i don't know how or what i'm suppose to put (as i'm fairly noobish as this stuff), so if you need anything just ask and get the report :)

Yes, someone i was talking to said to try a hard reset of the router, so i unplugged it for about 6 min or so before plugging it back in yesterday

For a while i thought it was only my computer, but last night i was looking up things and noticed that my ipad would have lag spikes where it couldn't load a webpage, then it would load one instantly, or load it half way then stop or whatever

Hi! I'm fairly new but i couldn't find anywhere about this (maybe i wasn't looking hard enough) but i been having a problem where my internet will stutter, approximately every 20 seconds - 5 minutes (no pattern to it) i will get a 5k ping lag spike that will last anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds, then everything will go back to normal. This has been going on for about 2 weeks and started after a thunderstorm (just a normal thunderstorm) went overhead. I was just wondering if anyone knew by chance the problem, i also have no graphs or info or anything because i don't know how or what i'm suppose to put (as i'm fairly noobish as this stuff), so if you need anything just ask and get the report :)

More likely, it's the rain that uncovered bad cable insulation.

Back