• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Bulding Specificaiton of Some people I know

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajy0903

Another person and / or people that I know asked me for help to build new computer.

A. Usuage for Computer:
1. Internet PC
- Watch / Stream 1080p Youtube Videos
- Surf Websites
- 720p (Popular Online Chat Sites)
- 1080p (Skype) Video (Webcam) Chat

B. Decided PC Specification So Far:
1. Case: Corsair - Obsidian Series 250D Mini ITX or Graphite Series 380T Portable Mini ITX
2. PSU: Full Modular with X # of Watts
3. CPU: Intel
4. Motherboard: Z97 / Latest mini-ITX / ITX
5. RAM: Corsair 4GB / 8GB / 16GB Non ECC DDR3 1600 MHz Dual Channel
6. VGA:
7. HDD: [1x WD / HGST, SATA III, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache, X # of TB (For OS)] & [1x WD / HGST, SATA III, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache, X # of TB (For Storage)]
8. ODD: DVD-ROM
9. Sound Card/Speaker : Integrated into the motherboard
10. Monitor/TV: Minimum 1080p (1920x1080) 24” or 27” using HDMI
11. OS: Windows 7 Home Premium / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10

For those uses, buy a $500 PC from the store and call it a day. It will have plenty of horsepower for those uses for a while to come.

There isn't a reason for Z97/more than 8GB of ram/a videocard/great PSU (good of course, but not great)... etc.

For those uses, buy a $500 PC from the store and call it a day. It will have plenty of horsepower for those uses for a while to come.

There isn't a reason for Z97/more than 8GB of ram/a videocard/great PSU (good of course, but not great)... etc.

Oh, ok.

Thanks for reply.

I think the reason they wanted to build is they didn't want manufacturer's PC.

But, I will tell them what you said.

And if they still want to custom build, it's their choice I guess, since they are the one who the spending their money for.

And they aren't my family members, so, can't do anything about it.

So, thanks for reply.

We both did what we could do.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back