• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Welcoming OGMCVille TC to the team

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
It's been a busy month for the benching team, 3rd new member and another one almost there,
How about a big welcome to OGMCVille TC, he's run the gauntlet and managed to make it through. Congrats :thup:

Last edited:
Thanks! I appreciate the help from the captain's in getting everything in order to be able to join the team. I know I have a lot to learn and look forward to growing and learning with everyone. I'm actually about to run some benches before I send my 980 classifieds off for the 980 ti's.

Where are you sending them off too ?

wait a minute, I know a place you can send them ........... :rofl:

Thanks! I appreciate the help from the captain's in getting everything in order to be able to join the team. I know I have a lot to learn and look forward to growing and learning with everyone. I'm actually about to run some benches before I send my 980 classifieds off for the 980 ti's.

Don't forget to run them in non-SLI mode too for double the subs :)

Don't forget to run them in non-SLI mode too for double the subs :)

That is exactly what I was going to do. :D Even plan on stopping by my father's and picking up an old card. I think it's a gtx 250. Would running some benches with it be good for subs out is it too old?

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you sending them off too ?

wait a minute, I know a place you can send them ........... :rofl:

I'm sure you do know a place. Wouldn't happen to be your house would it? LOL. I'm sending them to EVGA. They are sending me 980 ti's through their step up program. Only cost me $50 per card to upgrade.

old/new doesn't really matter, what matters is benching anything and everything. The more an item has been benched in a benchmark, the more boints you can get from that item.

old/new doesn't really matter, what matters is benching anything and everything. The more an item has been benched in a benchmark, the more boints you can get from that item.

Could you please elaborate on this more? Is it the more I bench the item or the populace in general?

Just disable SLI and it should only use the primary card.

To follow-up on what EarthDog said, it doesn't matter how old the stuff you are submitting is. The more submissions that have been created with a piece of hardware (4770k, for example) the more points high-end scores are worth (say 50pts, versus hardware that doesn't have any other submissions is worth 2pts).

The only big difference, for 3D benchmarking it is always best to use whatever fastest CPU you have (no reason to use an old CPU for 3D benching if you have access to a newer one, as you are ranked on the GPU not on the CPU used).

Hope that helps!

:welcome:
I know how that is :)
Last Fall my wife told me that our bed room had become a HOT HOUSE from all my computers:)
I was TOLD " I'm going to get a window A/C unit". I said okay .....:chair:.....
I didn't know she was going to get the largest and most expensive unit on the sales floor.:facepalm:

I have a window unit for my game room. I have a nas, my gaming rig, pfsense pc, and a server on the way. Not to mention my 60 inch plasma and other electronics. It was literally a sweat room.

+1 to the Welcomes. Only been here a while but a goldmine awaits you in the lounge. Which is lucky as i too have felt the pinch with hardware and Electricity costs... I've actually started turning things off...

I'm waiting to see my electric bill for this month. Not sure if I should disappear for a few days or not.

Back