• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9 290x Matrix Platinum Crossfire problem :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarokamaro007

Registered
Hi.just instaled 2d GPU and when tested in GTA V or Witcher 3 i have lower Fps then i had :( Why is that?im depressed

Witcher3 doesn't have an official crossfire profile

I would try doing a driver wipe and full driver reinstall of at least the 15.4 drivers (which apparently added crossfire support for GTA5).

Ahhhh, the pitfalls of multi-GPU setups... :(

Hopefully AMD got things working with those drivers and that game for ya. :)

i dont know what to do now...i enjoyed playn games wit one card and now after puting second one problems.....WTF?? :(

yes i did ...and
now seems to work ok if u can look at my twich please??i will show u in options i have set up...sory fo my english ;)

Just watched briefly (you were playing GTA5) it looked OK on there.

Just a note, I don't believe twitch/streaming supports a multi-gpu configuration.

ok thanks..can i do something to get better fps in games??i tought if i ad 2nd gpu i will get biger fps in all games :(

It doesn't work that way... Scaling from two cards can be none (rare) or almost 100% (also rare). Typically you see around 60-80% scaling depending on the game, resolution, and image quality settings. One of the several drawbacks of multi GPU is that you occasionally get a AAA title like TW3 and there is no initial support.

Multi GPUs are not for someone that doesn't know what they are doing sadly as there are, as you are finding out, little problems along the way. There are much less with a single card, but, IIRC, you are using a high res/multiple monitors so... you didn't have much choice.

To answer your question, you can lower settings in game... the AA or image quality.

ok thanks.i just bought 2nd card because i want to upgrade to 4K monitor in future and tought that would be good decission.....at the moment using FHD sony tv..dont know what to do now ??sell 2 of them andg get one better one??or just leave them and they will work better in new games??

TW3 IS a new game... I would imagine a better CFx profile will come out for it being a AAA title...

That said, my advice from your other thread was to run with one now, then when you get your 4K monitor, THEN use the second or buy a single more powerful card...

... but for 4K you really need two of most any GPU at this time, so, you are in a pickle.... Perhaps 4K just isn't for you at this time due to the complications/PITA of running a multi-GPU setup. Maybe stick with one and get a 2560x1440 IPS 120Hz panel and game on that...

Your poor Cheiftec PSU is likely crapping itself trying to run your rig......(I do not believe that to be the problem here note... just a nice way to say get yourself that EVGA Supernova G2 850W/1000W PSU I also mentioned in the other thread).

I bought 2nd card before i started posting on this forum:-( and now i have in there 1200Watt thermal take tough power from my friend...sorry but i don't understand everything :-( my english is not great..just want to know what is ur advice..will i take out 2nd card or leave it?can i disable crossfire in amd catalyst and play wit one card? And turn this back on when new games will support this crossfire better??

Yes, you can disable crossfire in the AMD CCC and turn it back on at will. I've found that doing so I normally need to reboot for the changes to be 'official'.

It is mostly up to you right now how you would want to handle it. As EarthDog said, right now 4K is only truly playable with a dual-card solution (to get any respectable FPS near 60 anyway). Hopefully drivers will continue to improve and better crossfire profiles will be added (as they usually do).

You can disable Crossfire in CCC, yes. You can do that.

As I said earlier, it depends on the game. Some perform really well with 2 cards, others not so well. But since you are at 1080p/FHD, there are few reasons to game with 2 290x's at this time in my opinion.

Ok thank U guys!i will stick with them 2 so and wait for better drivers and crossfire profiles...no point to sell them because i just bought 2nd Card and waterblock 3 weeks ago ..What u think?and if u can tell me what games are good for crossfie?thank U

It depends on when you plan on going 4K honestly... If it isn't until next year, I would surely sell the second and the waterblocks. If it is a couple months away, then stick with it. But that is just me...

Back