• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sorry Team, been away for a bit! How's everyone doing?!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baditude_df

Northern Senior
Howdy all!
Heatwave here in Calgary, and I shut my machines off for a few days. Temps have come down a bit, so I'm back in action.
What's goin on where you're from. And how's the weather?

I know activity in the forums is down and this never has been a very active sub, but an entire week and not one reply?
94 views though. lol

There are only a handful of us active. I only check on here about every couple months.

I'm in the Seattle metro area and it's been hot lately, just cooled down a couple days ago but it hadn't affected my systems.

this never has been a very active sub, but an entire week and not one reply?
94 views though. lol
Sadly for some reason Rosetta@Home never seems to excite anyone... I guess Folding@Home gets the "big numbers"...

Makes me somewhat angry, in that Folding@Home is about grinding the protein interactions "as we currently understand them" via video cards, CPU, etc and you get "phat numbers" and e-peen and.. PS3 used to do it and.... "it's like SETI except for those who don't believe in extra-terrestrials so ... HEY if you want to feel good'uns, and humanity ... 'righteously' good" while they surf in Starbucks... except when their battery gets low. They others can do that..."

sorry I rant. I realize now really bad.. :(

Rosetta is about creating the MODEL to MAKE new proteins via... Computer Design. Rosetta is trying to build the model to create your own ... an evil way to present it to the public is "I want my child to have red hair and dark skin" and Rosetta would be the tool to create the ... "additive" to inject into the egg to achieve this.

Folding@Home is just "hey given this random junk (in theory) --- random interaction of zygote + injected DNA/RNA = baby with X features. HEY, We're 75% right*! We're awesome... have some credit! e-peen....

Sorry, this rant went long and bad....

If it helps any, WGC I think is pretty sweet.

wow sorry all. This isn't a hate against Folding@Home. What they do really IS important. In a perfect world, Folding@Home would mathmatically confirm the interactions that Rosetta@Home directs it to do.

So I guess run Rosetta on your CPU while running Folding on your GPUs? Okay done now. I've made a fool enough of myself.

(time for me to hide).

That was a lot of energy devoted to ranting in the middle of the summer!! LOL finally some action in the Rosetta forum.

So far heat is not stopping my machines but my own stupidity is often doing that job. I have lost a lot of production lately but I haven't had time to locate the problem.

I think I forgot to turn Rosie back on last night. ugghh.... Started gamin again after ~5yr hiatus and keep forgetting to turn Rosie back on afterwards. Portal 2 is fun!
Anyhow, these little Corsair water coolers actually do a really good job of keeping a CPU cool during 30degC+ weather. I think I'm reaching maybe 70deg max under load from Rosetta.

Back