• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my motherboard damaged?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i try that next. But do the volatges in HWmonitor Look fine? and I do not know what caused the bsod that one time, I never had any other issues with updating any of my drivers.

I don't think that will help much, a couple of things I have questions about. I'm guessing you have multiple Google Chrome tabs opened, thus the extra entries? I would also guess you are downloading some games from steam for those multy entries? Norton is notorious for running background scans that will slow things down, worst thing it does is try to monitor cpu, ram and disk usage and warn you about that if you open Norton click on settings and click on administrative settings you should be able to turn off the performance monitoring, it's just a waste of cpu processes. There are a couple things I might try but I don't feel confident in suggesting them cause it could have adverse affects on your system. I don't know a thing about Intel voltages so someone else will have to chime in there.

Actually i do not have games downloading from steam. I have no idea why it is using so much memory.

Actually i do not have games downloading from steam. I have no idea why it is using so much memory.
Ok so you re installed the Nvidia Gpu drivers and did a clean install? Nothing changed, it's still stuttering? The Hwmonitor in post #15 is that under load or Idle?

I see a lot of programs running in the background? One being fraps, are you recording while playing? You can try closing down some of those programs in the background to see if any of them are causing issues. Another, possible cause is, are your add ons on Chrome updated?

At this point could you create a signature so it we know what is in the Pc every time you post. You can do so by clicking on settings in the top right hand corner and then on the left hand side of the page you'll see "edit signature" in "my settings".

I used fraps mainly for recording fps . It was running when i took the snip because i was recording the fps in games and reporting back to the thread. My addons are updated and the issue still persist even when chrome is closed and when i loaded into a clean boot. Most of the programs that are running in the back round came with the board installation cd. And yes i did a clean install and nothing changed. The temps shown in HW monitor are idle temps. My specs are now in my signature.

Give us a screen shot of Hwmonitor under load so we can see what the voltages are doing. You can do so by using a stress test while it is open. Clean boot is fine, but I would go into the task manager and shut down anything that isn't related to the game and or computer running.

I had major lagging (including cheap-USB-pendrive-like-speeds) until I resetted the SSD using that method.

(Halo CE also loaded maps slowly.)

That means the problem was in the OS or software, you can do a normal format/reinstall and achieve the same result.

CPU on load.PNG

Here is my cpu on load

- - - Updated - - -

I used intel xtreme tuning 10 min test and this was taken half way through it

That means the problem was in the OS or software, you can do a normal format/reinstall and achieve the same result.

I've found that it's usually best to secure erase an SSD when reformatting/reinstalling Windows. It doesn't take long, and you almost always get back performance. Plus, if you're already nuking the partitions, why not take the extra minute to secure erase?

On a spinner, yes. But, an SSD may not always clear itself like it should. Because of blocks that aren't cleared.

While that may fix the problem, that is a pretty direct answer to a very vague question.

If reinstalling does not fix the problem I would suspect the SSD itself. If it is a PITA to reinstall I would look at other possible problems first.

the drive like the pc is just over a month old

- - - Updated - - -

Or should i wait to upgrade to windows 10 in a few weeks?

- - - Updated - - -

I also used DDU to unistall my driver again and then reinstalled the latest nevidia driver but that did not resolve the issue.

Okay the SSD( Crucial BX100 500 GB) i play games on is not on the latest firmware. Crucial Storage executive tells me this. Should I Update the SSD's firmware?

I'm betting it's a capacitor not holding the charge (the hissing noise was the cap on it's way out) and somehow is still allowing current to pass through it. This would answer a lot of things, but to test, I would do some small Super Pi benchmarks this would prove that the cpu isn't ramping up fast enough to do what it's supposed to cause a lack of power. If you do a longer test it will start off slower but then get a steady current of power and keep up, it just doesn't have the power on tap to start working at 4Ghz. Since most monitoring programs only look at what the FSB and nulitplier they won't give you true calculation speeds, that might also be what cause that 0.016 CPU Vcore drop was a drain on the system from the CPU when you started the XTU stress test. Why it didn't shut off is beyond me, of course that .016 could of just been a glitch in the software, but on the CPU Vcore?

how do you want me to report the results? How will the test test for bad compacitors? I only heard hissing in the speakers but after I got a DAC hissing disappeared

it was only in the speaker, then disregard my earlier comment. That should have nothing to do with what I was thinking. I'm at a loss as to what could be wrong, I'm still thinking it has something to do with mounting the MB without standoffs, I hope that's not the case, I hope it is just software causing your sluggish problems.

Back