• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ PART 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice one Scout, looks like the CPU is showing it's age on single core operations.
I was beginning to think people had forgotten about this.

I'm working on my AMD stuff. Having a hell of a time getting anything decent though :(

I know FX and Thuban have a pretty big difference when it come to IPC. I have been chastised in other forums for pointing that out a bit too often I guess. :chair:

IPC on the Westmere-ep is definitely starting to lag behind but for the $ you cannot beat the Hex chips. plus Its dirt cheap to bench all the 1366 xeons.

I know, at some point next week I plan on dragging home my fearsome, OEM, sempy 3200 and have a go at it and my eyes are already bleeding at the thought...............

Sooo...I just stumbled across this. Thinking of having a go at it.

Edit: Does part 1 have any direct correlation to part 2?

Edit 2: Can you compete in both AMD and Intel?

Sooo...I just stumbled across this. Thinking of having a go at it.

Edit: Does part 1 have any direct correlation to part 2?

Edit 2: Can you compete in both AMD and Intel?

Part one has nothing to do with the second just different benches.
During the cooler months we do the marathon, every month there is a bench in which you get points based on how you place.
If you look through the Overclocktagon part of the forum you can see the past results and threads.
The bbq is aimed at just having fun and getting people to participate no matter what hardware you got.
You can submit to Amd and Intel as many time as you want if you keep improving your scores.

So just download the wallpaper and the benches and see where you stack up !!

It's official. I've killed the ASRock 990FX Extreme9 again. I put in my request for RMA. :rain:

SOOOOOOoooooo. I'll be competeing in the AMD catagory with my Phenom X4 9850. It's inferior but I need to get some boints in this anyhow. Looks like there's no Freq cap for me. LOL

You are only supposed to run gen 1 phenoms in the winter to keep your feet warm lol.

Just do I'm clear these are all single core benches correct? Also why does program report my cpu as stock? It's clocked at 4.5. All benches show it at stock.

Finished with BBQ for now.

SingleCore1.99.jpg

SingleCore181.jpg

SingleCore181.jpg

4365.png

Here goes some submissions for the BBG2.

OGMCVilleTC/5930k/11.5/1.99
OGMCVilleTC/5930k/15/181
OGMCVilleTC/5930k/Geek/4365
OGMCVilleTC/5930k/BH/3580

Attachments

• 3580 Single Core.jpg
    3580 Single Core.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I was thinking about trying some of these benches to see how I stack up, but I guess I do think quite get the rules. The link referred to a 4 month marathon? UT for the BBQ here, you just run the benches once through and add up the scores right? I'm a lite confused, but the idea of future competitive benchmarking has bitten me with the bug. I checked out hwbot and saw some prizes that look rather nice.... Thought I'd get my feet wet here first though. Do I have to get scored over on hwbot first for this or is that just to be on the benching team?

Anyone can participate here Knoober. This is just a friendly comp to help refine our benching skills. You can run the benches as many times as you want but only your best AMD and best Intel submissions count. We are adding up the total of the four single thread scores for a final score. The most points wins.

Just making sure :) only bench I've ever run before is for stability testing (prime95) I guess I'll get to work then, see if I'm man enough!

Yepper everyone is welcome knoober

@ OGMC could you format your submissins like this
User/CPU/Benchmark/Score
reason being is it makes it so much easier for me. I can just copy and paste otherwise I have to write them all out.

Yepper everyone is welcome knoober

@ OGMC could you format your submissins like this
User/CPU/Benchmark/Score
reason being is it makes it so much easier for me. I can just copy and paste otherwise I have to write them all out.

I sure can. I'll edit the post now.

Edit: It has been fixed.

Last edited:
Back