• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ PART 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PolRoger / AMD / Cinebench 11.5 / 1.20
PolRoger / AMD / Cinebench 15 / 109
PolRoger / AMD / Blackhole 4 / 2664
PolRoger / AMD / Geekbench 3 / 2458
PolRoger Total = 5232.2

Fx-8370 4.5GHz DDR3-2133C9 Cinebench 11.5 1.20.PNG

Fx-8370 4.5GHz DDR3-2133C9 Cinebench R15 109cb.PNG

Fx-8370 4.5GHz DDR3-2133C9 BlackHole 2664.PNG

Fx-8370 4.5GHz DDR3-2133C9 Geekbench 32-bit 2458.PNG

Devlos total = 8273.95
Devlos | 5820k Intel | BH | 3672
Devlos | 5820k Intel | Cine 15 | 174
Devlos | 5820k Intel | Cine r11.5 | 1.95
Devlos | 5820k Intel | GeekBench | 4426

BlackHole
rsz_image_id_1459185.png

This of the others
bbq2 (1).PNG

This was my geekbench results with new os install without internet.
someh.PNG

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see now... his one Cinebench R15 result is 4.524 GHz...

Damn, say that next time LRG!!! :)

Rules are rules to me... that is why Johan gave 4510... but I see another earlier was 4.511 GHz too that was accepted. This one is a but more obvious and way off. Either way its friendly, so no worries on this end.

That was probably just an idle/fluctuation (bclk) speed bump that occured during the screenshot that I didn't catch... 204.64x22=4502.08. I'll re-submit that bench showing correct value in CPUz.

Last edited:
its ok with me. 4524 is over

if turbo ok, can I use it. (FX 9590) :-/

Asus boards are notorious for their floating HTT, if you notice Polroger went from 4492 to 4524 on the same settings. 205x22= 4510 This seems to really only happen at idle for what ever reason. Thanks for resubbing Rog.

My scores

Laughing not allowed :)

knoober/amd/cinebenchR15 /92
knoober/amd/ cinibench11.5 / 1.05
knoober/amd/ geekbench /1955
knoober/amd/blackhole/ 2784

picture post option is being a butthole ( I think its just my slow connections, but when I hit upload I sit here for a long time and nothing happens....sooo no pics right now) so I can understand if this doesnt quite qualify, but if there is any advise you could offer based on the scores that would be cool. Johan45 if you remember the thread where I needed help with this board and proc (I said I threw the multi up to 20 just to see if it would boot) this is pretty much what I have done.

even though a pic would be better Ill list off some quick specs that you might want: Cpuz says

clock speed 4017.68 with a x20 mulitiplier @ 1.512V (id like to lower that but I think I keep running into the Phenom limitation of needing big volts to get above 3.8ghz)

ram is in dual channel , unganged with a NB frequency of 2008.8 , DRAM frequncy @ 803.5 MHz cas/ras to cas/ras precharge all @ 10 clocks.

Additionally I have XMP enabled and wonder what it will do when I start raising the FSB. What is the behavior when you raise FSB instead of just the multi

Attachments

• Cinibench15_corrected.PNG
    Cinibench15_corrected.PNG
    346.6 KB · Views: 108
Additionally I have XMP enabled and wonder what it will do when I start raising the FSB. What is the behavior when you raise FSB instead of just the multi
Since the memory speeds are attached to the HTT (FSB is Intel but the term is generally interchangeable unless you are OCD like me, LOL!), it will go up.

Check out the Phenom overclocking guide brosef...

Well we do need pics for proof. Your voltages look right about where they belong for what you're using. If you raise the FSB drop the HT and ram speed. Right now your NB could use a bit of a boost so I would leave it where it is. Actually I don't think you'll go much further on your cooling right now so a few tics on the FSB won't make much difference with either ram or ht

Link is in my sig that E_D mentioned.

It's my opinion that I'm probably roping out as well, I'm near terminal heat and I don't want to push over much. Ambient air Temps are at there peak right now here anyway. I was just generally curious if xmp locked the ram where it is or if raising the reference clock would still affect it. I know I'm kind of cheating by asking instead of doing but I don't think I can look at that Windows start animation again just now. I'm just fishing for tips for when I have the patience to try again :)

As far as pics go I'll get them to you guys somehow (public terminals are options and I gotta use one to get Win10 in less than a year/my connection speeds are truly dismal) but like I said, I'm really just fishing for tips based on scores. As I see it I'm in spitting distance for 4th (pending some pics of course) and that is OK with me... For now!

Ps : I have Dolk's Guide bookmarked. It's how I ended up at this site in the first place, I just figured more thanks were kind of redundant and there are ALOT of pages to read

Last edited:
One other thing about the PII 1600 is getting near it's limit for ram speed just FYI. Dropping it might make it easier to get a bit higher. One thing for sure though raising your NB speed will help a lot and so would dropping those ram timings to something like 9-9-9- or 8-8-8. They can handle more voltage if it's needed to get them stable.

Blaylock / AMD / Cinebench 11.5 / 0.86
Blaylock / AMD / Cinebench 15 / 66
Blaylock / AMD / Blackhole 4 / 2200
Blaylock / AMD / Geekbench 3 / 1465
Blaylock Total = 3731.86

Here's my Old Skool AMD runs. If I get my MB back in time I'll try and get the FX4 up and running. Maybe even push the top guys. :shrug:

0.86.PNG

66.PNG

2200.PNG

1465.JPG

Back