• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ PART 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's fine I did update the first post with your scores. Luckily this thread hasn't been overly busy this month.

Just making sure :) only bench I've ever run before is for stability testing (prime95) I guess I'll get to work then, see if I'm man enough!
This has nothing to do with the size(speed), but the motion of the ocean man(efficiency/tweaks). ;)

Woomack / 5820K / Cine11.5 / 2.04
Woomack / 5820K / Cine15 / 183
Woomack / 5820K / Geekbench / 4383
Woomack / Blackhole / 3672
Total = 8240.04

fcpt.jpg

1150 haswells are somehow faster. I think I had slightly better result in geekbench but nothing above 4400. Memory performance in single threaded operations is also worse on haswell-e. I was expecting some more, especially that cache is already at 4625 and memory is running @3000 12-14-15.

Last edited:
I figured I'd crush it but it was a no starter. I'm going to do some tinkering on Sunday when I'm off. Just goes to show having the best hardware doesn't mean **** sometimes.

Yep it appears the big dog loses some bite when it's only using one tooth ha ha. I am surprised the memory doesn't give it a slight advantage but obviously it doesn't.

C'mon E_D I still haven't seen anything out of you. I have to wonder if the clock limit is somehow turning you off. Like the chase is more fun than the catch?

I have been meaning to put something up, honestly. I will make that effort tonight though it will be tweakless and on W10. I just don't have the time to tweak to win. I have always been a 'raw horsepower over tweaks' type of bencher. The clock limits (that are above stock, :p) allow everyone to be competitive and have a chance at winning or at least not being blown out of the water by the rare few that go subambient for these friendly comps.

I don't enjoy chasing people that go sub ambient in friendly competitions (since it defeats the purpose of these friendly comps)... so I would have to disagree with that assessment. :)

I just find it odd that I oil the squeaky wheel and still can't get it to turn. :burn:

Time friend... time. Benching isn't remotely a priority for me these days. I was squeaking for the for fairness and fun factors, not for only me. Its not fun, to me, to be obliterated by those who decide to run sub ambient for friendly competitions. Its a turn off for those not in the know as well. Hence tangible limits to force tweaks. :)

So you'd rather spend your time doing this?

tumblr_lk170fvGmV1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

BOOM. :screwy:

Earthdog / 5820K / Cine11.5 / 1.36
Earthdog / 5820K / Cine15 / 115
Earthdog / 5820K / Geekbench / 3398
Earthdog / 5820K / Blackhole / 3512
Total = 7026.36

W10.. Just ran em, no tweaks.

Good LAWD is Cinebench slow single threaded!

bbq2.jpg

Now that wasn't so hard was it?
Scores updated

I ran some quick tests last night, but geekbench now requires the paid version for offline scores OR an internet connection which is definitely not on my benching OS. :screwy:

Ivy bridge is definitely slower clock for clock than these newer generations. I was close, but no cigar.

Devlos Total = 7825.95
Devlos | 5820k Intel | Cine 15 | 174
Devlos | 5820k Intel | Cine r11.5 | 1.95
Devlos | 5820k Intel | GeekBench | 4426
Devlos | 5820k Intel | ButtHole | 3424

bbq2.PNG

Now I will tweak, rinse and repeat!

Back