• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ PART 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just traded off my 9850 so leave my scores alone. Ha ha

LOL you have no worries there. This thing doesn't scale very well. I need to hit 1.6v just to get to 3.1Ghz on air. I may throw it on the bench and see if cold water or DICE helps, but I highly doubt it.

They are hot thirsty piggies there's no doubt about that.

LOL you have no worries there. This thing doesn't scale very well. I need to hit 1.6v just to get to 3.1Ghz on air. I may throw it on the bench and see if cold water or DICE helps, but I highly doubt it.
My 9650 cold bugs at around 40C Blaylock, just an FYI.

Is that a +40C? LOL seems pretty warm. -40c is perfect for DICE assuming I can actually get clean DICE and not that tainted crap I got last time that would sit at about -5c and never drop below.

No.. 40C. He has a thread here saying he needs to heat his room up to Abu Dabi like temperatures befor ehe can even turn that PC on...

That chip is WEIRD.

:muahaha::escape:

Is that a +40C? LOL seems pretty warm. -40c is perfect for DICE assuming I can actually get clean DICE and not that tainted crap I got last time that would sit at about -5c and never drop below.
DOH! -40 C and as Johan stated them thangs are heaters. I was chewing through DICE almost as fast with the 9650 as I was with the Fx 8120.

DOH! -40 C and as Johan stated them thangs are heaters. I was chewing through DICE almost as fast with the 9650 as I was with the Fx 8120.

Is that just your chip or all of that make and model? I thought amd was immune to the cold bug or is that just certain runs of chips?

Most if not all the older AM2 chips had the bug. Typically the lower the model the sooner it would bug. I have a 3800+x2 that can't even handle -10c

Yeah, my 3800+ and 6000+ both bug at -26C. My 1090T has no bug that I've found (-76C) and my i7-4790k hit the cold bug at -140C :) Still have a few to try cold. But not for this comp.

Starting to get caught up on things might even have some spare time ...... whats the deadline for Part II?

PolRoger / AMD / Cinebench 11.5 / 1.20
PolRoger / AMD / Cinebench 15 / 109
PolRoger / AMD / Blackhole 4 / 2664
PolRoger / AMD / Geekbench 3 / 2470
PolRoger Total = 5244.2

A small improvement on Geekbench 3... But no luck improving BH 4. :(

Fx-8370 4.5GHz DDR3-2133C9 Geekbench 32-bit 2470.PNG

Fx-8370 4.5GHz DDR3-2400C10 BlackHole 2664 2.PNG

Roger for the BH Benchmark raise the NB Frequency and make a back to back run help me. But tell me what are you doing to the GeekBench.:thup:

Here's another pointer for the single thread score in BH. Before you start the bench for single thread go to TM and set the affinity to 1 core , this will help the score.

It definitely does work, looks like it did take a single thread up to 5.0

Back