• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5A97 R2.0 Doesn't have a Northbridge temperature sensors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimmymambo

Hey guys, so yesterday I was touching the northbridge heatsink after turning it off and I felt like my fingers would be burned if i touched it a little longer. Is this normal? I'm also can't seem to find the temperature of my northbridge sensors. Please help. Thanks :)

My pc specs are:
AMD FX 6300
Cooler Master Hyper 212x cpu cooler
Asus M5A97 R2.0
Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
550 Seasonic G Series Power Supply
1 TB Western Digital

You need direct airflow over the northbridge.
Not all boards (especially budget boards) have temperature sensors on all pieces.

You need direct airflow over the northbridge.
Not all boards (especially budget boards) have temperature sensors on all pieces.

I see. Well I'm screwed either way since my case is a Cooler Master k380 which has a ****ty airflow... I can't really put a small fan on the nb heatsinks as well since it's blocked by the cpu cooler..

I see. Well I'm screwed either way since my case is a Cooler Master k380 which has a ****ty airflow... I can't really put a small fan on the nb heatsinks as well since it's blocked by the cpu cooler..
They sure do get hot!
Just get a 80mm fan and use some ingenuity to mount it. I used Zip ties on my Asus M5A99X Evo which had a Cm 212 on it.

A 40mm fan should be able to fit on top of the NB HS or alternative you can use a 60/80mm fan placed on your GPU, below your CPU fan (the closest you can get it to the NB HS).

Back