• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need opinions on the SAMSUNG U28D590D 28" monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As an owner, let me give you a quick review.

It's biggest pro and con is it's size. At 28", it's big enough to clearly see, without being too big to fit on a desk with a hutch. However, with it's UHD resolution, I needed to scale my desktop and web browser to 125% in order to be able to clearly see everything. Also, I have a refurbished model, and the only issue I have with it is if it goes to sleep and resumes, all of my open windows and such bunch up into the top left corner. I'm not sure what causes it, be it the monitor or video card, but using a screen saver and not letting the screen go to sleep takes care of it.

So, here's a simplified list of pros and cons:

Pros-
-4k @ 60Hz (must use either display port or dual HDMI, however that would work).
-Solid build quality.
-Great picture and contrast, and obviously the picture is extremely sharp.

Cons-
-28" isn't ideal for UHD.
-Stand only has a 15* tilt, and no vesa mounting (it's pretty wobbly too).

In all, I love mine. You really can't do 4K at a better price that I'm aware of.

I have one as well. Picture and everything are good as expected.

Stand is garbage is the only con.

That'd be somewhat of a deal breaker to me to have a terrible stand and no ability to use another stand via VESA

After owning monitors with good stands AND the capability of VESA, I won't go back to crap stands.

Back