• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU thermal pads conductivity-how important?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
So I'm looking to replace the thermal pads on my GPU blocks and I'm wondering how much of a difference the Fujipoly or Junpus pads rated at 6Wm/k verse Alphacool or Koolance's rated at only 1Wm/k. At 4-5 times the cost I doubt a 1-2c would be worth it, but if we're talking 5+c maybe it is. Also if you prefer one brand over another please feel free to express your love or hatered.

TIA

Last edited:
I prefer Fujipoly over anything else. That's just me but they are premium priced.

Do you re-use your pads Jack?

When I took apart my GPU, I cleaned it up and reapplied TIM to it. Left the original pads on it as they looked fine but if I could go back, I probably would have put Fuji on them.

I did purchase Fuji for my Samsung XP941 SSD since reviews showed it to get pretty darn hot after 10min benchmarks or any heavy workloads done to it. Added some heatsinks and called it a day. Great thing about it is it matches the rest of the board since they on ol plain green PCB like our desktop MBs used to be.

Back