• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The White Elephant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't see a PLL chip on that board other than that serverworks chip, but even then it doesn't scream PLL chip to me...

Hopefully MR.Scott can find it for us :)

After a little research, the clock generator for that board is integrated in that Server Engines chip. Not a conventional method at all. I'm afraid there will be no software that supports that........at least none that I've found.

hmm, thank you Mr. Scott! There is a proliant server engine utility/driver for this. I have not checked it out in the win2003 setup as I have been concentrating on getting xp64 installed and having some issues with some of the hardware drivers, specifically the Ethernet Controller for that broadcom chip. The server engine drivers seemed to load fine for XP64. Once I get it back together and running I will give CPUCool a try as well and see what happens if I change the FSB multi. I'll let you'all know...

hmm, thank you Mr. Scott! There is a proliant server engine utility/driver for this. I have not checked it out in the win2003 setup as I have been concentrating on getting xp64 installed and having some issues with some of the hardware drivers, specifically the Ethernet Controller for that broadcom chip. The server engine drivers seemed to load fine for XP64. Once I get it back together and running I will give CPUCool a try as well and see what happens if I change the FSB multi. I'll let you'all know...

You said it reads the correct speeds right?
Let's hope it can change them. Unlikely, but doesn't hurt to try.

Progress

Gentlemen....

I would not ever question Mr. Scott, lest put all our lives in danger...

In review...
The PLL will be beside a crystal oscillator.
It's old but this page shows how to find the PLL....

old "this page" said:
The PLL of NVidia Chipsets is included in the south bridge. So there is no PLL to find. NVidia southbridges are all supported.

You're not looking for the chipset PLL. You're looking for the PLL clock generator. Every board has one.
If that quote was true, Clock Gen (utility to adjust FSB in Windows) wouldn't exist, right along with about 10 others off the top of my head that do the same thing.
You SS has one right in it. You just have the wrong selection.

Anything happens when you clock "Set Frequency"?...

After a little research, the clock generator for that board is integrated in that Server Engines chip. Not a conventional method at all. I'm afraid there will be no software that supports that........at least none that I've found.

OK, phew, here we go...

You have seen this.
cpuz1.JPG

but how about this!!!
I am not sure what CPUCool thinks it is seeing, but it works????!!!
cpuz2.JPG

Kinda awesome folks! This ServerEngine chip is actually pretty cool, not sure of its full capabilities...
I only cranked it up a little, as I am still working on this rig and dont want to dork it, yet:)

Also...
http://hwbot.org/submission/2933695_swarthack_cpu_frequency_athlon_64_x2_4050e_2524.22_mhz

13th out of 13! har har. I'll take 1st. BUT...

HwBot did not resolve my CPU exactly. I have the 4450e, the only choice I had was the 4050e. Is this a problem?

Also, this is all still on Win2003. I have managed to strip almost every remnant of the Small Business Server components and disabled/removed all networking services: ActiveDirectory, DNS, DOmainController, etc. Its actually quite snappy now. I am still waiting on a XP64 to see what that does. Not sure what WIN2003 actually gives me, but I'll keep it around for fun...

Anyway, here are a few other pics for your viewing pleasure...
You can't polish a turd, but you can put a dress on a pig!!!

Those 2 massive 256gb drives comprise the remnants of the SAS RAID:rofl:
and one is the home of win2003. The SSD is set for the XP64. I will clone win2003 to another SSD, and chuck those 256's

IMG_0679.JPG
IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG

So the fun continues....
Thanks everyone!!!

Alvederzen

Nice job Swart! Yes it needs to be the correct CPU or your subs will be invalid. There is a thread on HWBot forums for requesting hardware to be added. Or just PM Johan and let him handle it. FWIW, don't expect bucu boints. 2pts per sub or somewhere around there. Still, fun stuffs!

Nice.
Love it when you find things that work even though it says unsupported. Good guys 1, OEM's 0.:)

Sweet! It worked! :clap:

Hehee get some nice cooling on it and see what you can do with it! :)

Again, my highest appreciation to all, could never have figured this out myself...

Blaylock said:
don't expect bucu boints. 2pts per sub or somewhere around there. Still, fun stuffs
har har, yeah! I'm gonna get famous off this chip. World records man!
My cpuid submission recommended like 10 competitions, so once I get it tuned up and the processor type worked out, could be interesting...

Silver_Pharaoh said:
...get some nice cooling on it and see what you can do with it!
Yeah, I was just think the same????
The current cpu cooler seems pretty burly and interesting, with the copper tubes going through the heak sink fins.
The exhaust fan is impressive. Its only 90mm, but of the radiator style with the wider fins, cant remember the name...
anyway, when the case is closed and it runs 100% you can feel the preasure change in the room. I'd put the Zalman I
took out of BruceLee in it, but its for Intel 115x. And I am not sure if it would be better than the stock unit???

So besides modding in more fans, which I have plenty off, I guess the only other alternative is going water...
But I really don't want to spend lots as I am trying to fund XmasList (new proj codename)...

Janus67 said:
Yep, as Blaylock said, post in the hwbot forums
k, I'll do that and just reference the CPU Frequency submission I got up there. I assume that will hopefully facilitate things.
This is interesting, "new chip"? so noone in the world has ever tried to submit something on HwBot with this chip???
Am I going to be famous???:shock:

Cheers

Haha, obscure hardware gets added randomly. I found an old server at my previous place and a random laptop and had to get those cpus added as well :)

ATM - You da man!!!

So, yeah the autocomplete has a little to be desired unless I am missing something. Now I know where to look it up. Thanks!

Salud

wow yeah that's pretty bad auto complete there, must not be searching the spaces or something weird for those models. As it works for other things.

I always just type the model.
Like for that one I just typed 4450b and it was found.

Welcome to HWBot :p

Back