• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 250D watercooling Build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IS3

Registered
Hello OCF,

Finally my very first dive into water cooling has ended and i got to say it was a painful but rewarding :)

I learned a lot of things in terms of decision making in measurements, types of coolant, tubing size, types of fittings and cable management.

Anyway before i show the pics, here are my Specs:

Core I7 - 4790 3.6Ghz
GTX 590
Dominator 8GB
Lepa 1000 Watts PSU
MSI 87i Gaming

My Watercooling Stuff:

Swiftech MCR140-X (Pump,Res,Rad Combo)
1 x Corsair SP140 Red
2 x Corsair SP120 Red
EK Supremacy EVO MSI Dragon CPU Waterblock
XSPC GTX 590 Razor GPU waterblock
3/8 ID x 1/2 OD Tubing from Lowes
Bunch of Barrow fittings and Bitspower and Alphacool

and a PWN manual control knobs by SeaCool i think i forgot lol

Anyway here are the pics!

IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2557.JPG

IMG_2551.JPG

IMG_2552.JPG

IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

I dont know why the pic ended up big but oh well hope you guys like it!

Attachments

• IMG_2551.JPG
    IMG_2551.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 532
  • IMG_2552.JPG
    IMG_2552.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 596
  • IMG_2553.JPG
    IMG_2553.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 514
  • IMG_2554.JPG
    IMG_2554.JPG
    978 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_2555.JPG
    IMG_2555.JPG
    946.4 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_2556.JPG
    IMG_2556.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 516
  • IMG_2557.JPG
    IMG_2557.JPG
    938 KB · Views: 486
Nice! Welcome to the custom water cooling world. Glad you felt accomplished after all of that. I know I sure did. :clap:

Like the setup you got there and that block is a showcase. :salute:

My only worries is that tubing from lowes. I recommend PrimoChill Advanced LRT as most tubing out there will either cloud and or leech plasticize and ruin their stuff which than will entail lots of cleaning after taking it completely apart. That's up to you but giving you a heads up. While were on this, what liquid and biocide are you using in the loop?

Other than that, what are your Delta-T, Ambient and system temps like?

Nice! Welcome to the custom water cooling world. Glad you felt accomplished after all of that. I know I sure did. :clap:

Like the setup you got there and that block is a showcase. :salute:

My only worries is that tubing from lowes. I recommend PrimoChill Advanced LRT as most tubing out there will either cloud and or leech plasticize and ruin their stuff which than will entail lots of cleaning after taking it completely apart. That's up to you but giving you a heads up. While were on this, what liquid and biocide are you using in the loop?

Other than that, what are your Delta-T, Ambient and system temps like?

I thought about it too ill double check the tubing specs. It is by Excelon. I used the Primochill Advanced LRT tubing from the GPU to the T and the drain valve. I am also using Walmart Distilled water.

My gpu temps at peak is 45 degrees Celsius. My CPU is 38-40 Degrees. Ill post HWmonitor screenshots later.

How do i test Delta-T and ambient?

- - - Updated - - -

Very Nice Build IS3!

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, you can take a look at my build with 250D (admin please let me link my site, just this time :(( ) :
http://tspcmod.com/product/little-giant/

Hey yours look awesome! that would be my next project is to use rigid tubing :)

Let PC idle with the screen on for an hour.

Write down the room, CPU, and GPU temps. Room temp is your Ambient temps, the air temp that is cooling the PC.

Run prime 95 for 20 minutes. Write down room and CPU temps.

Let idle for 2 hours to cool back to idle temps, an hour is probably enough.

Run the Valley benchmark (loop for 20 minutes). Write down the room, CPU, and GPU temps.

Read about Dt in the stickies.

Nice build!:attn:

Back