• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This overcloxks sound good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bion1985

Registered
All my system info is in my signature. I got my oc set to 4.5ghz now and running 26.6 prime I am stable and hit temps of 65c on average. Idle is around 29-30c.

How much core voltage are you using? Basically things look good to me in your overclock. You have room for more overclock temp wise if voltages are not too high and if the processor will go higher.

Yea I am thinking so maybe. I need to double check my volts when I get home but I'm pretty sure its like 1.125. Know for a fact I didn't go over 1.2 but pretty sure its lower.

So when you guys stress test do you notice jumping temps? One second I maybe at like 58 then it will jump to 66 or something then to 60. Using Intel XTU to test and realtemp for temps.

Yep, temps will jump around a bit. You're all good on temps for sure though.

Thanks for the help! Have more experience with AMD chips and from what I remember there load temps seem much more consistent.

Update I'm at 4.5ghz 25 min XTU Intel stress test passed at 1.178v. Temps jump between 55-65c on average and highest being between 68-72c. Sound like a solid clock?

Sounds good to me, but I would let it run for two hours or so to make sure it's stable

Yea ill do that for sure. I did figure out how to monitor in game temps with MSI Afterburner. Found game temps rarely hit over 50c. 45-48 being the usual hang out for them. This was in Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft both that I have heard are cpu heavy.

They're not CPU heavy, but they are CPU bound, meaning that single core CPU speed is the limiting factor in the framerate that you'll get in those games.

Ok guess I always miss understood that. So are those temps decent? Another example I can give is while playing Gta 5 optimized Nvidia settings I range in the high 50s to mid 60s 67c being the peak high I remember.

GTA V is definitely a heavier CPU load.

Temps are good, I just wanted to explain the difference between CPU bound and CPU heavy :)

Sweet thanks for clearing that up. Had always miss understood that I guess regarding how We handled cpu.

Back