• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 1155 socket motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Lorenzo

Registered
Best 1155 socket motherboard, for i73770k, 32gb 2133 ram and sli gtx 970's...cant seem to find f-all! either sold out or not available. Is the i73770k considered "old" now or summing??

Best? For what? What will you be using this board for? Extreme overclockong? Gaming? Web browsing? Etc?

Chances are you don't remotely need the best... ;)

You're going to have to buy used on Ebay or a tech forum like this if you want LGA1155. Since it's three generations back now (counting Z97 and Z87 as separate generations), retailers have likely reduced their stock, and the manufacturers probably aren't making many LGA1155 motherboards anymore.

What you're actually planning on using the system for is kind of important when it comes to narrowing down what would actually suit your needs.

Some good boards (in my opinion) are:

Asus Maximus V Extreme (Z77)
Asus Maximus V Formula (Z77)
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

ASRock Z77 Extreme9
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
ASRock Z77 Extreme4

No your right probably dont need the best lol! I have the Asus p8z68-v lx (I think) at the mo but dosent support sli, I work on photoshop alot and video edit plus I will be gaming on occasion aswell...

Ok Im mabye thinking save my money now and go for a chipset upgrade to future proof...what is a suitable upgrade from i73770k, im talking a good performance jump thats worth it tho?

Honestly you'd for the most part be side-grading. Of course I say side-grading rather loosely here because going to a 4770k or 4790k will only be a slight improvement of around 5-10%. If you really want to upgrade, Skylake should be coming this September, and if I were moving from a 3770k, I would wait for reviews of the 6700k chip, as supposedly it will add a 15% increase in performance over the 4790k.

Yeah thats what I thought, I couldn't justify the i74770k or 4790k my friend has the 4770k and their's barely anything init!

Honestly, I wouldn't bother unless it's a 'time is money' type thing for you. It's only a 5-10%

So what are your uses for the pc? Do you already have a system with that hardware?

Im graphic designer/photographer and video editor plus abit of a pc enthusiast. Yes my system is currently half built at the mo but will be:
i73770k
32gb vengeance 2133
Gtx 970 kfa2 infin8
1tb Samsung 850 ssd
1tb wd black caviar
H60 v2, plus 5x noise blocker fans...in a define r3...was thinking of getting another gtx970 in the future

Sorry, that post was written for a while and i forgot and just hit post.

Honestly... confirm the asrock z77 extreme 4 does sli and snag that. Wait until Skylake drops in 4Q and upgrade all of it.

Back