• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark Results - is my Core i5 2500k bottlenecking my system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Tic=-

Registered
What's up, guys? So I recently picked up a GTX 980 Ti and finally got around to running some benchmarks. I ran the latest version of 3DMark (freeware version with default settings) and here are my results:

System Specs [Quick specs: Core i5 2500k @5.0GHz, MSI GTX 980 Ti +245 Core, +500 Memory, 16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 RAM]:

20_1435874305.jpg

Fire Strike:

20_1435874291.jpg

Sky Diver:

20_1435874543.jpg

Cloud Gate:

20_1435874563.jpg

Ice Storm:

20_1435875320.jpg

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section - it's been a while. :)

Thanks for the quick reply, EarthDog! I built the core of this system way back in 2011. Luck of the draw played in my favor. I consider myself lucky in the sense that I can overclock from stock to pretty much any speed up to 5.0GHz.

Still, I've been tinkering around with the idea of doing a complete platform upgrade. Thing is, I'm not too keen on what's out vs. what I already own. I really want to hold out until Cannonlake (unfortunately rumors are saying it's been delayed until 2016).

No big deal, I guess. If this old 2500k can get the job done until then, awesome. I just wanted to make sure the CPU (despite the tremendous overclock) wasn't holding my GTX 980Ti hostage. :)

Never heard of cannonlake honestly. I would wait until Skylake... which seems to be a lot sooner than we think.

Doubt your cpu is holding you back, don't look at the overall scores, look at the graphics score, your proc is behind on the physics and combined scores so it will be lower overall, but so long as your graphics score is about what they say it should be for that card I'd call it G2G.

Over 15k on FireStrike is pretty good.
I'm getting about 11k with an i7 @4.2ghz and a slightly overclocked GTX970.

Out of interest what games are you playing and how does the 980Ti perform in game?

Back