• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark 11 demo crashing only on 353.06 drivers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sew333

Hello.I have 980 Ti reference, no oc. I have a question.

When i am on 353.06 DRIVERS 3dmark 11 demo is randomly crashing my display DRIVER and giving me dx11 errors. "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered".
When i change to 353.38 beta then its stable and no crashing.
I was thinking that stable card dont crash on all drivers.
Is this reason to RMA card? Thx for any suggestions. Please give me good suggestion to rma card or not?

The card is fine.

Just like every one of your other threads.

If i am getting TDR crashes in 3dmark 11 demo extreme on 353.06 but not on 353.38 my card is fine?

Yes. Its something in the driver if another driver works fine. Sometimes things just do not like to play nice.

There is no reason at this time to RMA your card.

Somebody said to me" "If the game crashes to desktop due to an Nvidia driver error, it is coming from the card. " So my card is just unstable on 353.06 or what? Thx for explain me.

Somebody said to me" "If the game crashes to desktop due to an Nvidia driver error, it is coming from the card. " So my card is just unstable on 353.06 or what? Thx for explain me.

It's a driver error, not a GPU error.

As we said, multiple times from multiple people, THE CARD IS PERFECTLY FINE

You post the same stuff at other forums and play both sides to the middle.

Listen to the advice given. Stop asking the same question over and over and over again. It it incredibly frustrating, your posting style.

Last edited:
Hey again. Last question . It crashes display driver or dx11 errors in 3dmark 11DEMO on 353.06 . But not on 353.38 whql. On 353.38 all is fine.

Somebody said to me:"Hello, the main problem with latest drivers is that are very sensitive to unstable hardware, what i mean with unstable, well, a bad OC, on CPU, memory or GPU, no matter if is a factory OC, an unstable PSU.
353.06 is more sensitive than 353.38, as nvidia stated after testing some user machines on their labs, they found that some machines have problems with the timmings that they set in latest drivers; the cuetion is that the more fine tuned are these timmings, the system will become less tolerable to fluctuations."

Is this because 353.06 is more sensitive to unstable hardware or it is just driver problem?
So if this is true ,my system is unstable of some way?

Back