• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

most graphic intense game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From what I have read, GTA V is an graphically intensive game, and uses up all the VRAM you can throw at it, but I haven't played it, so I don't know how it looks personally, only seen screenshots of it.

Witcher 3 is a gorgeous game
Project CARS can look really good maxed out
You can install a ton of graphical mods for Skyrim
GTAV can look nice maxed out, although I don't know if it would be considered 'stunning'.
Crysis3 is still considered a benchmark for video cards despite it launching a couple years ago
Far Cry 3/4 are also nice looking games when maxed out

Shadows of Mordor seems to use almost 95% of my vRam even on dual 980ti. You can also check the final fantasy xiv and monster hunter online system tests.

Ya, Shadow of Mordor or GTA V is the best way to bring any GPU to its knees.

Shadows of Mordor seems to use almost 95% of my vRam even on dual 980ti. You can also check the final fantasy xiv and monster hunter online system tests.
you could have 4 of them, it's still 6gb. Memory doesn't add up in sli/cfx.

5.5gb of vram, omg that's a lot.

you can add this to the list of most demanding games

ARMA 3
Battlefield 4
Metro Last Light 2
Tomb Raider (2013)

I have heard Star Citizen is pretty Graphic Intense, but I don't have a copy right now, looking for an AMD never Settle Space Bundle copy

Might as well throw this in here. I just bought Castle "Wolfenstein: The old blood" and I'm playing it on 1440p and the graphics are pretty awesome. They are a step up for sure from The New Order which is actually not as impressive @ 1440p as I had hoped. ( but found looked good @ 1080p)

The Witcher III - is very impressive maxed out and will bring most things to a crawl.
GTA V - Impressive in its own right, along with mods it will make it even look nicer, course it depends on the modding community. Its a very real looking game with everything they tossed in. I just have it on the console so just going by what I've seen so far on the interwebs for it on the PC.
Far Cry 3 - Pretty impressive, I'm guessing Far Cry 4 is similar in that regards as its using a slightly updated engine.
Crysis 3 - Very nice looking as well

What resolution is your display ? I've found it to be pretty relevant. @ 1080p I've found games like Metro Last light and Crysis 3 to look amazing but for some reason they lose their charm a bit at 1440p. Metro LL for instance still looks good @ 1440p in closed environments but the outside environments look not so good.

If your looking for a showpiece for high end graphics @ over 1080p resolution I'd vote Tomb Raider, I've just finished it today @ 1440p and it's the best looking game I've played yet. And I'm a blatant graphics *****. Can I say that?

Shadow of Mordor also struts it's stuff well at 1440p

I haven't played The Witcher yet, and I'm waiting for Mad Max reviews.

Back