• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech Lok-Seal QDC rusty spring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

I bought one of these for the latest incarnation of my build (I swear it'll get buttoned up and fired up eventually). Opened the package yesterday and disassembled the QDC for cleaning. I have to say, I like the QDC. It's only a little bit shorter than than my Koolance QD2, but the flexibility in fittings is very very helpful. I'll be using it as a drain port.

Unfortunately, while one side was covered in some sort of light machine oil internally to prevent corrosion, the other side was not. The spring came out looking like this. Obviously I can't install it like that. I've contacted Swiftech support for assistance, I'm hoping they'll get back to me soon and can just send me a new spring without having to RMA the whole thing. I'll let you guys know what happens.

I'm posting this primarily to illustrate the importance of careful inspection before installing parts. Manufacturing mistakes happen.

spring1.jpg
spring2.jpg

Thank you for this post. This will help many in the community if issues shall arise. Not sure what to say but think of bad design or QC. One of our members got very unlucky and had corrosion spread to his whole loop. He was able to salvage the CPU block but not sure about the other components.

I know Swiftech was never a fitting manufacturer till about a few years ago. I will never use their fittings but their blocks and pumps, no problem.

Back