• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best PSU for 2x R290x Matrix and fx9590

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarokamaro007

Registered
Hi.just would like to.ask what PSU would be de best for me?.the one im curently using is not mine so have to buy one.i was looking at EVGA G2 1300XR and Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200 Watt
They are in very good price now...will that be good PSU?i know EVGA making good GPU's but never heard about their PSU's before...or maybe there is better PSU? Like thermaltake seasonic or other ones?

Last edited:
You would be fine with a 1000w PSU, even heavily overclocked the 9590 wouldn't break 300w and each of the 290x cards will hit about 250-300. Assuming everything was at 100% load (very difficult without using stress testing applications) you would still be under the 1000w mark. EVGA, Seasonic, and Corsair are all very popular PSUs here.

Yea, once you get into the 1kw range, so long as you don't shop for gimmicks, the ones from the reputable companies are generally solid. This is the one I would personally recommend.

Ice been seeing g Seasonic platinum xp ''s in the same range as the supernova. If cost is an issue anyway

That's another solid one.

Yeah, there should be a list of these somewhere.... :D

I just thought I'd throw that one out there because I've recently been checking all the ones from the list on ll the major retailers and it was a frontrunner for cost/value for me. You can find detailed supernovas for a descent price of you shop around and if you're alright with non modular the earthwatts are all in that same range for the 1kw. These figures change almost daily though, and the farther from this day you get the less accurate what I just said will be :)

Back