• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Can not get transformer to boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Transformer (ASUS) TF100 will not boot. Full charge, light blinks six times (I think, blinks fast) and nothing. Tries vol down and power and nothing,.. any ideas?

Last edited:
You may have already got this booting by now.....If not try holding the power button (for what seems like eternity) until you see the light flash once then let go.

My ex had one of these, descent rig for the $. Only had a problem with it not booting a couple times and that worked.

(Once you get it running make sure to update the bios if not already done. I know for a while there Asus was spitting out bios updates like nobody's business)

You may have already got this booting by now.....If not try holding the power button (for what seems like eternity) until you see the light flash once then let go.

My ex had one of these, descent rig for the $. Only had a problem with it not booting a couple times and that worked.

(Once you get it running make sure to update the bios if not already done. I know for a while there Asus was spitting out bios updates like nobody's business)

Tried holding for over a min. Will try again.

Again, if you have not tried already, try it with & without keyboard/bottom attached.

May have to try two, three times in a row. I never had to dig any deeper than that. :shrug:

GL

Again, if you have not tried already, try it with & without keyboard/bottom attached.

May have to try two, three times in a row. I never had to dig any deeper than that. :shrug:

GL

No luck, dead! May need to get an RMA if the place I bought it will not take care of it.

Took it to BB and they sent it in... Cheaper than an RMA.

EDIT: Did not mention that it is under warranty so I did not want to tear it down.

Last edited:
All better, display cable was loose.

It was fairly new and under warranty. No need for me to dig into it.

Back