• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

295x2 troubleshooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hishman

Registered
System specs
I7 4970k
Maximus vi hero z97
8gb ares memory
Rbr1000m psu
R9 295x2

I recently just upgraded my PC mobo cpu and you as detailed above. Fresh windows 7 install. I've had alot of problems getting g the computer to display. Here has been the process. I hooked everything up no video signal out from you dvi. Hooked it to mobo dvi still nothing. Uninstalled 295 and hooked it to mobo dvi. Got video. Installed LAN drivers and got on to the internet and downloaded 15.6 beta drivers. Installed catalyst suit. Powered down and reinstalled 295. I got signal from the 295. When I went to install drivers it asked to raise resolution. I chose yes. Screen went blank. After many many different troubleshooting sessions finally got the 295 to display on one of its 4 display ports. Did another fresh windows install. Once again downloaded catalyst suit and and I installed 15.6 beta drivers again. Rebooted the PC. I usually get a blank screen or I get a BSOD that is artifacted. My mobo bios is from March. BTW I can plug my old 270x in and it will happily display without catalyst suite. So what else can I try?

Sounds like the 295x2 may be faulty. Do you have access to any other computers that you could try it in?

Im thinking Janus may be correct, but...

your power supply... is that a Rosewill? I think that thing is overrated, and is not one of their best models. Do you have another PSU you can try with or put that 295x2 in a different system with a more powerful PSU?

That's a good point, even if it was underpowered by a bit I would still imagine it would be able to display prior to putting any real load on the card (then I would just expect instability)

Indeed... but I still feel this is worth a try considering the caliber of the PSU in general.

After rereading things, it appears he is installing CCC and then the drivers. I would try installing JUST the drivers. Not any other of the options there, just the drivers (and the stuff you have no choice over). SO dont install the transcoding thing, gaming evolved, hdmi audio... etc.

Try using a program called DDU and uninstall everything then give it a try again.

Last edited:
In addition to what ED said.... don't use the beta driver.
Use the last version that was know to work for you with no issues.

That is always sage advice is to use stable driver models. If this one isn't working, roll back to the latest approved or at least another beta.

That said, I am running 15.6 with no issues with my 295x2. :)

Yes i considered the psu but it has 2 30a and 2 20a rails and 750watt will run this card according to some ppl so a overrated 900watt should at least get it to boot. I called XFX and the technician very quickly said it is a hardware issue. He said the card should run before ever touching drivers or anything. He also said if the system runs a 270x just fine I should be able to plop a 295 in and it should display fine. Filed a RMA with newegg a few hours ago.

Back