• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case fan cooling question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bion1985

Registered
So I got a Corsair Vengeance c70 gaming case and it comes with 2 large hard drive bays that can hold 3 drives per cage. I currently only have the use for 3 of the 6 drive bay slots. Is it worth it to remove one of the hard drive cages to improve the airflow or would the benefits be so mall that I should just save myself the time and trouble of disassembling everything needed to remove the cage? Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm still learning quite a bit about airflow and proper case cooling.

We can't answer your questions without some further information.

Is your current air flow adequate?

How are your current temps?

Generally speaking, anything you can do to improve airflow is worth it though.

Temps are doing ok I think but could always be better. XTU load cpu temp hits 80c but heavy usage games like GTA 5 only peak at 67c. I have 2 intake fans on the outside of cages/bays on the front of case (stock blue led fans that came with case), two more intakes on my side panel of the case (corsair sp 140s led) my Seidon 240m w/stock cooler master fans set as pull exhaust, and my rear stock 120 fan in the rear set as exhaust.

You should be fine with that cooling. 80c at full load is good. Higher than I would run 24/7, but we don't stress 24/7. At 67c during gaming is a very good temp. I would leave things as they are.

If you want to test your air flow just for S&G's game for an hour or so and record your internal case temp. Then pull the side panel off and game for another hour or so and check the internal temps again. There shouldn't be more than a few degrees Celsius difference.

Back