• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of help with networking issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Verstrata

Hello. Recently, we have switched to Charter/Belkin internet. Me and my brother played League of Legends before on century link internet. The previous router and current router both had/have 2.4 GHz. We assume its possibly a bandwidth issue, because the connections are Belkin.xx.x , Belkin.xx.x guest , and Belkin.xx.x Media. The media connection supplies 5.0 GHz, but after talking to the lady at support, she said laptops do not connect to the .media. Is there anyway we can play league or connect to the .media on the new internet? thanks

So I'm guessing both you and your brother are trying to connect over wifi? Your wireless adapter in your machine may not support 5GHz. Most older wireless adapters don't have 5GHz support. I don't see why you can't just connect over 2.4GHz. That really should work just fine and most devices now days still connect over 2.4GHz. There must be a configuration issue on either your new router or your current machine's network interface card if you can't get it to work over 2.4GHz.

Thank you for the reply. My brother got a new laptop about a week ago and I've checked mine and it does support 5.0GHz. It runs better if only 1 person plays LoL but it still is unbearable. I think we have 2 Netflix's constantly running on the 2.4GHz, then when we try to play league on the 2.4GHz, there's really no hope then. But when the Charter technician came,he said they usually set up Netgear routers, and ours being a Belkin, we thought he may have set it up wrong.

Back