• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D5 dual bay res pwm pump not maxing out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grinz

As the title states I have the ppm version of a d5. I have it connected to a molex and the cpu header. It's set for full speed according too ek website max rpm is 4000+. I am only getting 3400 or about 70% in the curve.

I have a restrictive loop and if I could get this pump sped up it will save me buying another d5.

Any advice for my dilemma?

You set the CPU fan header in the bios to 100%...?

What is in your loop that you would need 2 D5s?

Hey mate.

I have setting set in bios for cpu on "full speed"

The loop is a cpu block. 360mm rad. External condenser under the floor. 2 gpu blocks. 1 280mm rad.

External condenser is about 3m away and about 1-1.5m below me.

It might only be a conversion difference, where your MB is reading at 4 pulses per revolution and the pump is set at 3 pules per revolution the mb sees 14000 pulses does it's calculation of 4/14000=3500 rpms where the pump is set to 3 pulses per cycle so it would be 14000/3=46xx rpms. My MB sees the rpm signal I'm sending it from my pump as a different speed than the pump controller I am using, the mb sees it as 3400 rpms and the controller sees it as its max 4500ish rpms.

Thanks for the reply. Does the loop not sound restrictive enough for 2 pumps?

5930k 1.3v at 4.5ghz running prime 95 small tft. These temps are in celcius. I think this is the hottest setting? hits 80c. On blend sits at 60c. Idle is 29-30c While gaming the sli 980tis can hit 35c i havent seen 40c but i guess its possible.

How the pipework works tho is the outside condensor is after the cpu and before the gfx cards so i guess thats why they are so cold.

Im not happy with the cpu temps and figured i have enough rads considering outside ambient is 10c so what else could be wrong other than flow?

I'd keep an eye on the dew point. Don't want going under it as you'll cause condensation.

As for the CPU, that seems about right. I mean 80c is high as these chips can handle it but have you tried lowering the voltage for 4.5Ghz or is that the best the chip can do? Also, small TFTs are known to push the chip to the extreme you wouldn't see in a everyday real world environment.

Your temps on your GPUs look fine.

As long as your loops flow is running anywhere from 1.0-1.5 GPM, that's the best you can do for the time being.

Give us a list of your PC and loop with detailed information to better assist you like what Case, fans (RPM), Rads (FPI), etc.

The latest P95 REALLY gets things cooking on Small FFT. If that is what you ran, and not an old version, then your temps are 20C higher than what you will likely see in game after a while (give it an hour to saturate your loop).

Back