• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD RADEON R9 280 GRAPHICAL ISSUES

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Piettu

Registered
Hi guys, and thanks for looking into my thread.

So, the point is that I have some weird graphical issues with my videocard, pics below.

1.JPG

Pics from BF4

Capture.JPG

Glitches can also be minor, or just some blinking on some part of the screen, like just now when I typed this.

2.JPG

Any ideas what might cause this?

I get the same thing with my XFX R9 280x Black Double D. It's factory overclocked @ 1080 1.2v and will run for a short time before I get a driver crash:( I think the GPU is to unstable at the clock/volts that they have set. I have not gotten around to flashing the bios yet:( To compare - my Sapphire R9 280x Toxic 1st rev is factory oced @ 1150 1.2v.

Have you reinstalled drivers? What version are you on?

My AMD Catalyst driver vers. is 14.12

I get the same thing with my XFX R9 280x Black Double D. It's factory overclocked @ 1080 1.2v and will run for a short time before I get a driver crash:( I think the GPU is to unstable at the clock/volts that they have set. I have not gotten around to flashing the bios yet:( To compare - my Sapphire R9 280x Toxic 1st rev is factory oced @ 1150 1.2v.

Seems that we share our problem. My drivers crash too on occasion, but rarely.

Even old drivers should at least work normally. Those pictures look like either the card's overheating or there's maybe an issue with the power supply.

One thing I want to mention.

I have crossfire of XFX R9 280x Double dissipation versions. When I first built my setup, I noticed screen flashes and sometimes random colours while playing a game. Like very light colours, red/blue/green filling the entire screen. You could still see all the 3d stuff and textures etc. I didn't think it had to do with the cards (bought them used).

One thing I noticed is that the power supply cables running to the cards may not have been plugged in properly, so I reseated them. And the other thing I noticed is that I moved my machine to another power source. After these two things, I have not seen the problem appear at all. It used to happen from time to time, now its been a week and I have not seen it happen even once.

So I don't know, maybe something you want to try?

My specs:

i5 6600k @ 4.4GHz
Maximus VIII Z170 board
GSKILL 4x4GB (16GB) ram @ 3000
2x XFX R9 280x cards @ 1080/1600
eVGA Supernova 850 B2 PSU

Sure its not your monitor? Idk.. i mean i have te XFX 280 R9 and i havent had any problems on any games

Back