• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Display Connector for 144Hz 1080p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyerker

Just got the Acer 144Hz 1080p monitor in the mail yesterday. It does NOT have a Displayport (which I knew when I purchased it).

I have tried doing some research, and it appears that Dual Link DVI would only support up to 85Hz. Is this correct? I would need to use HDMI to actually output 144Hz @ 1080p?

HDMI can properly handle it, though, right? Or did I just waste my money since it doesn't have Displayport?

I can't seem to find what version of HDMI it's using... It's an EVGA 780ti Classified. I have a 1.4a cable, but can't seem to find what the port on the card is.

Hmm, I'd say since you have the cable to just try and see if it works.
HDMI will have a better chance than DVI for sure.

Thank you for the heads up. I have found so much hit or miss / conflicting data online. From what I was able to glean out of all of it, it looked like HDMI could only do about 80 Hz @ 1080p. So Dual-Link it is.

Well take it from someone using 120 and 144Hz panels :) HDMI = no go

Back