• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[G.Skill] All kinds of Memtest errors, occasional failure to post on cold boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your thread, you're allowed to Neco :D If I'm reading everything correctly it sure looks like either you have 2 bad memory slots on the board. Looks like any time you had a stick or both in the last two memory slots you were fine but any other combination you had errors.

That's the conclusion I was drawing. I might have to contact ASRock and see what they think about it.

This might be a late suggestion, but is it possible that you might have gotten some dust in the memory slots and this said dust is causing issues. I know you had a lot of problems with your PC awhile back, so it sat for awhile, if you got a can of compressed airs, I'd try and blow out the slots to make sure there isn't anything in there making contact between leads on the memory sticks, might not be the ram at all, just dirty slots. I just happened to be changing out ram in my pc and noticed that even with good filters and keeping it buttoned up the amount of dust that has made it's way inside was surprising.

last time this happened to me i had to switch to mushkin to get it stable. the gskill was on the approved list of ram for my motherboard but for some weird reason 2 sets did the same thing. changed brands and happy ever since. not bashing gskill since i have gskill in my newest rig as you can see. just tell newegg the situation and 99% they'll let you return for credit.

*THREAD IS 6 MONTHS OLD NEVERMIND!*

Back