• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon Prime Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GatorChamp

Didnt see anything posted on this. It's not so much one deal but what should be a bunch of deals. July 15th is what Amazon is advertising as Amazon Prime Day. They are saying that they will have more deals than Black Friday and it's only for Prime Members. Im sure this is to boost Prime memberships but im pretty sure you can try Prime for Free for a month anyway. Didn't want anyone who has prime or is interested in looking into this to miss out.

I like my prime membership. Although pricey ($99/year), it's worth the free 2-day shipping and the free movies and tv shows is worth it. I do order a lot from both Amazon and newegg and both do come on the 2nd day.

I more than get my $99/yr worth. I had over 50 Amazon orders in 2014. Not sure how many shipments, because they split 'em sometimes. But way way more than my $99 worth.

And the 15th is my payday! Woot! I got around a grand sittin' in my PayPal right now, too, that I am going to put toward a suppressor... unless I find something else I HAVE to have. :D

I like my prime membership. Although pricey ($99/year), it's worth the free 2-day shipping and the free movies and tv shows is worth it. I do order a lot from both Amazon and newegg and both do come on the 2nd day.

It's not pricey compared to anything else. A Netflix subscription with 4k HD will cost 20% more per year, the regular (non-4k) HD is only $4 less per year (than Prime), and NetFlix doesn't give you free shipping on lots of physical stuff to buy, or a huge amount of music.

Heh, I had 81 orders in 2014, 58 so far in 2015...
I think I get my money's worth from Prime.

Excited for Prime Day, Amazon has a good chance to make this membership even better.

Does anyone know if they are going to send out an email flier or similar to preview the deals? I'm hoping there are some tasty deals on computer parts. :thup:

Here are all of the 'official' deals:
http://pcpartpicker.com/promo/amazon/prime_day/

Nothing really great there.

If you can get it on the Amazon warehouse deals that come and go very quickly (and have a very limited 30 day return policy, note) you can snag some very good deals with an extra 15% off on them.

Yeah, nothing really looks interesting. There was a 3TB Seagate for $75.

And maybe some of the AC routers for ~50% off. Also noticed they're sale-ing the ancient WRT54GLs. But that's totally a crap deal given the age of the damn thing.

Was going to pull the trigger on a Titan X in WarehouseDeals for $825 after tax, but it got gone while I was deliberating :(

Newegg'a FantasTech day has some nice deals. Earlier the 850 Evo 500GB was $150.

I expected more! Mooooooooar!! I was disappointed, unless you like baby wipes, good prices on baby wipes.

Last edited:
If you managed to snag an Echo before they hit 100% claimed, that was a deal. If not, I'm not seeing much else of worth.

Well, for the poor people still stuck on XP and needing a Windows 10 path and wanting to save $20, there's OEM Win7 for $80...

That was a wasted event imo. I browsed through tons of items but found nothing that interested me in the slightest. It seemed more like they were selling off crap that never sells instead of having a sale.

So the sale sucked (except for the $120 Echo - I would've ordered a second one if it wasn't sold out by the time I saw it :)). Prime is still great itself...

Back