• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking XFX R9 280x Black Edition question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrono99

So I decided to overclock my XFX R9 280x Black Edition video card.

Im using MSI Afterburner.

I went in and put core voltage at 1250

Power Limit +10

Core Clock 1150

Memory Clock 1650

I ran Heaven Benchmark 4.0 on extreme settings and I noticed that it would gradually
go up to 72 degrees by the end of the benchmark.

So I increased my fan speed by 5 trying it everytime and now my fan speed is 55 and it stays
between 60-65 by the end of the benchmark.Im guessing 72 degrees is bad but 65 prolly isnt much better.Or is it normal??
Its idle temp is 35 degrees right now and its staying steady from
about 33 degrees idle before I started. Can I do anymore or is that about all the extra im gonna get out of the card??
Should I increase my fan speed a lil more?? or the power limit or anything else??? any help would be appreciated :)

you are good man its safe upto 90 degrees i have the same card it rarely ever goes past 72-75 even overclocked.

Ok ty for the response. I notice that google chrome flickers sometimes but that could just be chrome being stupid

Ok ty for the response. I notice that google chrome flickers sometimes but that could just be chrome being stupid

google chrome with my card actually causes BSOD's id advise using FF with that card. i use chrome on every pc besides that one.

Back