• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Searching for a motherboard that would be compatible with my Ripjaw Z F3-19200CL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheJester

Registered
Now you might be tempted to say "any motherboard!" well you're wrong. It actually has to figure in the mb's ram compatibility list as I had to find out the hard way. My Asrock Extreme 6/GB motherboard is incompatible. As such I can only run this ram at 1600Mhz and not it's stock 2400 (yes you heard right, stock) and I have constant memory leaks.

Any motherboard should... yeah. The memory compatibility list shows what was TESTED. If something is not on the list, that doesn't mean they wont work. They can't test them all, but most should work fine.

Did you set the XMP profile? Mobo's usually set memory at 1333/1600 out of the gate and you need to set it higher than that via XMP profile or manually setting it. If the memory was not compatible, chances are it wouldn't boot. ;)

Memory leaks are not due to incompatibility, but due to software/applications using it.

Which Asrock Extreme 6? Z77/Z87/Z97 etc...how about you create a signature so we know what hardware you are working with. ;)

Last edited:
Which bios are you on? The latest? If not, flash to the latest and see what happens.

What exactly happens when you set the XMP profile(s)? With that speed of memory, yoour board likely adjusts BCLK as well so if you were already overclocked on the CPU, then applied XMP, you may have pushed the CPU past what it could do. Did you try setting XMP first at stock CPU speeds?

You also have a mindblowing (I hope you can use it...) 32GB of memory so you may need to add some System Agent voltage to make it run stable at that speed...

Are you sure the ram are in the right slots? Which ones are they in?

Signature... create one. :)

EDIT: I noticed on the ram compatibility page it shows it supports that speed with 16GB and 64GB configurations so it is odd it wouldn't work with the 32GB...

Last edited:
already on the latest bios. I flashed it to the "overclockers bios" from the Asrock website.

16*GB

i did no CPU overclocking i don't really require it as the multiplier is capable of going nuts on these CPUs (3930k) idle it settles down to 1Ghz and under load it can hit 4Ghz and above. on it's own! no software no nada.

the ram is in the right slots , i read over the manual tons of times just to be sure. I've been building PCs since I was 8 (with my dad's help at that age).

I may create a sig, but I'd want to talk about my RTS forum activity and mods more than specs.

As I recall (since it's been a long while since I last tried messing around with it) when I use the first or second XMP profile (they're virtually identical) the ram IS at 2400 and it's correct 9-11-11-31 timing but the system is unstable and crashes in under an hour.

Last edited:
Not sure what an 'Overclockers' bios is... I don't see that wording on their webpage....looks like version 2.70 is the latest.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X79 Extreme6GB/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Are you sure the ram are in the right slots? Which ones are they in?

What exactly happens when you set the XMP profile(s)? With that speed of memory, yoour board likely adjusts BCLK as well so if you were already overclocked on the CPU, then applied XMP, you may have pushed the CPU past what it could do. Did you try setting XMP first at stock CPU speeds?

Last edited:
I may create a sig, but I'd want to talk about my RTS forum activity and mods more than specs.
We would want system specs so we dont have to ask when helping... as far as what else can go there, check the forum rules. But it is there to help us help you (specs).

As I recall (since it's been a long while since I last tried messing around with it) when I use the first or second XMP profile (they're virtually identical) the ram IS at 2400 and it's correct 9-11-11-31 timing but the system is unstable and crashes in under an hour.
I would still try adding a bit more system agent voltage once you set the XMP profile and see if that stabilizes it.

i did no CPU overclocking i don't really require it as the multiplier is capable of going nuts on these CPUs (3930k) idle it settles down to 1Ghz and under load it can hit 4Ghz and above. on it's own! no software no nada.
The max turbo frequency is 3.8Ghz for a single core. You shouldnt be reaching 4Ghz at stock...

Can you post up screenshots (host here not 3rd party) of CPUz? Specifically the main screen, motherboard, SPD, and Memory tabs so we can see what is actually going on? :)

Have you tried reseating the RAM? IF NOT go ahead and do that and if you wanna be extra thorough about it use compressed air on the slots before reinserting

I made a sig and it shows up correctly in my settings but it seems it's not showing yet here. EDIT : ok now it's showing.

01.JPG 02.JPG 03.JPG 04.JPG

I would still try adding a bit more system agent voltage once you set the XMP profile and see if that stabilizes it.
I tried that with no success.

about the 4Ghz it does and frankly it doesn't really surprise me. the multiplier's just kinda loose like that and the CPU can more than handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if 5GHz overclock was no biggie at all for it.

reseating the ram is something I have already done and there is no dust buildup in my case I clean it once a year and I maintain positive air pressure.

Last edited:
about the 4Ghz it does and frankly it doesn't really surprise me. the multiplier's just kinda loose like that and the CPU can more than handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if 5GHz overclock was no biggie at all for it.
You're multi is not so loose that it can magically run over the max of 38x unless you're overclocking.
You're not telling the whole story.:p

The above post tells me you haven't a clue.

CPUz shows that you have bios version 2.14L...which is the shipping bios...go try updating it to 2.70...

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X79 Extreme6GB/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

that is just not true. I flashed the bios to the latest which is 2.7, I have a different post screen on boot than the original. The original was a brushed metal background with a brushed metal asrock logo and now it's a black background with a green asrock logo, I flashed it to 2.7 I can assure you, and msinfo32 confirmed that.

You're multi is not so loose that it can magically run over the max of 38x unless you're overclocking.
You're not telling the whole story.:p

The above post tells me you haven't a clue.
alright it may not go as far as 4Ghz but you'd be surprised as to the multiplier not being as exact as we think there is some looseness as the task manager seems to indicate. what is recorded by core temp as 1.2ghz is actually 1.11Ghz and so on...

Last edited:
Humor me... flash it again and run CPUz... I have never seen CPUz be wrong on that before... Or perhaps post a screenshot of your bios that shows the bios version... or may

That very small variance is normal. BCLK/FSB is rarely exact and tends to fluctuate in very small amounts as you are seeing.

Last edited:
Humor me... flash it again and run CPUz... I have never seen CPUz be wrong on that before... Or perhaps post a screenshot of your bios that shows the bios version... or may

That very small variance is normal. BCLK/FSB is rarely exact and tends to fluctuate in very small amounts as you are seeing.

holy **** you're right.

GOPR0892.JPG

why is msinfo32 showing the wrong version then? why are the graphics different?

what must have happened is that I reflashed with the old, perhaps doubting that the new version was the cause of the problem. Or maybe it was windows 8.1 that did it.

I'm gonna re-flash to 2.7 now.

Okay so I've now flashed it to 2.70 and the logo's changed again. it's now pure white.

All of my settings are evidently gone since the southbridge fan is currently wailing away (who comes up with ideas like that? )

gonna go configure all this and try my luck at running the ram stock clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back