• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED [Currently OOS] GTX980 $236.54 - MC Instore Only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
incredible deal, OOS in columbus. That has got to be a price mistake

It was mentioned about possible price matching MC if a brick and mortar store allows it.

It was mentioned about possible price matching MC if a brick and mortar store allows it.

OOOH Im off to best buy!

edit: haha gave em a call, they VERY explicity said "we DO NOT price match microcenter".

Last edited:
they often show really low prices but always on goods that are out of stock when that price is insane

beowulf7 said:
Holy crap, Tainted Squirrel, I think I might love you. I went to Staples with the MC screenshot printed out. I spoke to a salesman about PM'ing and he never even heard of MC (even though it's in the D/FW area, like the Staples store is). He said he'll check w/ his manager. He came back a few min. later and he said yes. I got a little excited, but tried to contain myself.

Then I went up to the computer where he rang it up. I gave him the Staples item # that I had from their website (thanks to TS' 1st post). He found it, and sure enough, had a list price of about $600. He said wow, that's a big discount. I asked for quantity 2 and he took my name, address, and ph. # so that Staples could ship it to me. Out the door $512.11 later with the receipt in hand. I'm hoping this does come through and doesn't get canceled by some Internet supervisor who is suspicious of the large discount. The manager asked if he could keep the MC screenshot print out, so I gave it to him.

Fingers crossed that I get this for the stated price. I'll probably then sell one (maybe here or on CL) and upgrade my 770 to the 980. *pray*

Hope afterall :D

This deal is long dead, most places that price matched sent out cancellations, very few got shipped for the price.

Few days after posting this the 970 shot down to $140 to be pricematched and a lot of people, just like with the 980, managed to snag 1 or 2 at Staples and some BestBuy locations. This in itself though is very much dead. Will report for title change, thanks Janus for the reminder :)

Back