• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking FX-8370 on a M5A99FX PRO 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Howdy Brother!

I moved out here in 1996, But I am originally from Toronto, Born and raised!
Well I have my own opinions in regards to which is a better measure of "REAL WORLD" performance.
If gaming performance and higher FPS is the goal, then OVER STRESSING beyond what games demand is not an accurate or realistic measure.
I have seen many of those tests that didn't reflect what games demanded and was able to produce higher FPS than those Stress Tests produced.
Especially when the aim was to put AMD products in the worst light possible.
So What I can achieve in real time gaming to me is a far better measure because doing it the other way seems to be seeking failure by overload.

So Since my system hasn't crashed and I can easily play games for a few hours without a crash tells me that I have a stable 4.9 mhz O\C.

I have not come close to my CPU or GPS's maximum heat limits, So I can surpass any STRESS TEST based numbers.
Are you running a AMD or INTEL rig now?
How do you feel about RYZEN?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I keep my room cool and monitor ambient temps at all times I run a second screen to monitor heat and fan speeds.
I doubt I can maintain the same O\C's during the summer when humidity is high, But last summer I was able to run at 4.7mhz without a problem when I was still running a Corsair H80i.

Honestly I run just about everything as you can see here (http://hwbot.org/user/johan45/#Hardware_Library) but I'm an AMD fan. I have a 9370 on a sabertooth for my HTPC /Gamer been solid for three years not one hiccup at 4.6 GHz on an AIO. If all you do is game that's fine but I use this PC as home base and can't afford any corruption. It games just fine for me. As for Ryzen yes I have been messing with them very heavily the last couple of months. I really like it but it is a bit young and has some teething pains but the IPC is amazing compared to FX

There is something to say about running my 8370 4.8ghz 1.44v with a Hyper 212 EVO :p i can do Prime95 Blend for 2h and be stable for gaming and never pass ~55c but i know that if i do Small FFT it will go straight for ~70c simply because the cooler can't keep up. I do x264/x265 encoding so i stick to the max overclock i achieved with both Blend ~55c and Small FFT ~60c, 4.5ghz 1.368v. You can also have 2 profiles in BIOS for gaming and work.

It will always be about what you do on a daily basis and what your wallet is prepared to replace if you screw up no ?

(nice necro BTW ;))

Back