• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me determine whats dead plz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

patjez

Hello guys,

ive been at this a while now but im at the point where im going nuts and need help. :clap:

I will keep it simple.

1 - pc works
2 - pc of and put push pull system on seidon 120v v2 with heatsink/pump block still attatched
3 - pc power on > seidon light blinks once > pc shuts down into standby.
4 - i disconnect the cpu power cable ( 8 pins ) and leave the main cable connected
5 - i turn pc on and fans, hd and pump/wc fans start spinnin. Also the led indicating pci slot is working is on. Now however the leds tell my my cpu is defect or a problem.
6 - i feared the cpu was burned and checked it but its clean like a wistle

A couple of hour before it died every thing ran smooth and normal. temps where good

Is there a way for me to find out wich part is failing?

http://valid.canardpc.com/qera8a

Msi p35 platinum
intel e8500
some cheap ddr sticks about 7gb
msi gtx 750 gaming
psu a cheap cp 750w (combatpower)

Your input on this is appreciated

patrick

Sounds like a CPU issue.

I would check for any grounding issues first. (Like screws touching the case, or loose wires touching the case etc.)

thx for the quick reaction.

I have removed everything from the board and checked, but did not check the back. Will do this 2morrow, altough i doubt the problem is there.

All the wires have been connected properly. the wires i dont need are away from the board or other parts.

I concur with the PSU.
Go grab an EVGA SuperNova G2 550W and be done with it.

Will check the psu 2morrow @ work

Might order an upgrade for mobo cpu and psu and be done with it.

I will let you guys know how this ends

any chance you switched the clear cmos jumper and forgot to put it back from reset to normal?

PSU is what came to my mind first. Not making enough power to fire up the CPU any longer.

mhm first thing id check on my work bench is . PSU. Probably reset mobo bios then test mem "even if no 3 beeps" then videocard , then and only then id suspect mobo first then cpu 2nd.

I've been a intel Platinum retailer for over 10 years and hardly ever is it a CPU "unless i killed it with dice etc".

Back