• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koren Crossover 28in 4k Monitor For $349 OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wsheikh

Registered
Well I was going to buy a koren 1440p monitor when I stummbled upon this. The 1440p monitors were rangeing from $215-$300, at least the one's I was looking at. I have a 1080p 60hz TV that I use right now. I know that sounds stupid but that was what I had and there was no budget after I built my rig. Now I am planning on doing some content creation and have some funds to upgrade my display.
My thing is why go with a 1440p when a true 4k monitor is less than a $100 difference? It also claims this monitor is overclockable so that is a nice plus, I understand a lot of times this is nothing more than marketing BS. The seller cliams can QHD OC to 120Hz and Full HD to 144hz. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this. I understand that a single 970 is not really ideal for gaming on 4k , which I also do a lot of, the ability to play at 1440p but have 4k available seems very nice.
Finally the money. I have looked and can't find a better deal than this for $350. It is a TN pannel and not IPS but for that price point you are gonna make some concessions also claims to have 1ms response rate GTG. Wanted to know what you folks think is this a good idea or not? Maybe I helped someone find a cost effective way to get a 4k monitor :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pix...244?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d5a71be44

Seems legitimate to me.
A lot of the Korean monitors like this can OC quite far, actually.

Thanks for responding. Do you have any clue if this could be OC with DP or would the Dual link DVI be the connection to do the OC and run the 1080p and 1140p res?

That looks pretty incredible, I'd look for some reviews online to make sure it works as you would want it to, but pretty awesome.

My only fear/thought for you is your desire to do content creation. Depending on how serious you are wanting to be with color accuracy an IPS panel would likely be a better choice in the long run.

Either connection will work fine, I'd run DisplayPort personally.

That is the next thing I am doing is tring to find some reviews, think this thing is pretty new item. As far as content creation nothing to crazy just some light video editing for a youtube channel i am thinking of starting up.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool yeah I would like to just leave the DP 1.2 connection and then change res as needed and OC based on the res i am using.

That is awesome....I like easy lol. Damn nice $150 price diff amazon!

If you are still wondering about this monitor, I just purchased one myself. It came with only one dead pixel and some backlight bleed along the bottom when looking at a black screen (who cares anyway?). It does overclock to 78hz at 4k and the only other res/rate I have tried is 1440p and 120hz which it did just fine. It comes with some crummy speakers that might actually sound okay if they weren't pointed at a wall. It comes with a korean manual and OSD. (Which by the way, you have to go to menu item #6 which will look like "언어" to change the language.) The power cord didnt work at first, so I just used one I had lying around, it might work for you or you might need to mess around with the cheapo adapter it comes with too.

Back