• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xspc Vs ek

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The XSPC looks cooler and has a better pump, but thats all.

The EK supremacy EVO is hands down a better block. The res has a better flow rate. The new Vardar fans are designed off the Gentle Typhoon's and supposedly perform on par with them (rumored). The EK kit comes with Primochill advanced LRT tubing.

IF you decide to go with the XSPC I would replace the tubing with the LRT at a minimum. They will both perform well, but I think the EK kit is better, and priced accordingly.

EDIT: This is the only comparison I could find on these 2 rad's as the EK XTX360 is a newer product.

Last edited:
I think the EK looks cooler :p

But the pump reliability is my major concern.

Here's last years Overclockers review of the X240 kit. Some of the parts have been upgraded in the kit this year so take that into consideration. I'm surprised the reviewer didn't highlight the pump at all except to mention that it is a good pump and could handle a few more rads while keeping the flow around 1.5gpm.

Personally, I wouldn't be concered about it. But another thought is you could always sell the pump as a new unopened box item and buy the pump you like. Just a thought.

get the xspc, the raystorm block looks so good.
I just put one on my 4790K, soooooooooo many sexy!!!!!!!!!!

I think the EK is a bit pricey compared to the XSPC but they do come with better fans and tubing but lack the pump power from the D5. The CPU block on the XSPC will give EK a run for its money though. They perform similarly but at a much lower price on XSPC's end.

IMO the XSPC provides the best kit on the market for the price. Add some Primo LRT Advanced tubing to the kit and you have a damn good kit for what you pay.

IMO the XSPC provides the best kit on the market for the price. Add some Primo LRT Advanced tubing to the kit and you have a damn good kit for what you pay.

I dare to say the Swiftech kit I linked for $270 is better.
The Apogee HD outperforms the XSPC Raystorm, you get a PWM pump, and the reservoir is built into the rad making for a (much) cleaner loop.

I'll have to check it out later tonight, not familiar with it. When I originally started my WC journey I went XSPC because it offered the most bang for buck and reliable to boot. I'll give the Swiftech a look to brush up on it.

I'd look at the xspc kit, that raystipm block will look so sexy all lit up in blue, right in the middle of your case, add the blue lrt tube, a uv light and you'll have a hottie!!!!

with the rads with the pump or res attached you need to measure very carefully for fit in the case you plan to use.
a good example is my azza hurrycan case, I can install one in the top, but I have to give up 2 5.25 bays but with a standard rad I only lose 1 bay.
with a standard rad I can also install it under the top cover if the fittings are not at a 90 degree to the rad.
with the better blocks and kits on the table in this thread it's really going to come down to price, looks and fitment.

I'm not a fan of Swiftech's new designs, slapping a pump and very shallow res on a radiator. That can be an issue in mid to small cases not to mention it looks hideous. I believe they went with this design because of the problematic patent designs they had before. It becomes like a big bulky piece of gear. Your pump is most likely sideways and a part of the radiator's air flow is being blocked by that part of the kit. I could go on but they do have great parts other than these kits that I don't favor.

OP, you're better off buying the parts separately if you can.

I'm not a fan of Swiftech's new designs, slapping a pump and very shallow res on a radiator. That can be an issue in mid to small cases not to mention it looks hideous. I believe they went with this design because of the problematic patent designs they had before. It becomes like a big bulky piece of gear. Your pump is most likely sideways and a part of the radiator's air flow is being blocked by that part of the kit. I could go on but they do have great parts other than these kits that I don't favor.

OP, you're better off buying the parts separately if you can.

You're thinking of the wrong kit, Jack.
I didn't link the new H320-X, I linked the EDGE HD kit.

Thanks for all the replies guys. :)

I'm aware of swiftech products, But I'm looking to build a full loop with a dedicated pump/res n all.

I'd be ordering internationally so a kit would be very preferable & another reason that I want the most reliable pump.
The xspc kit seems to be better value. The newer v3 radiator & highflex tubing seems to be of good quality/performance.

You're thinking of the wrong kit, Jack.
I didn't link the new H320-X, I linked the EDGE HD kit.

Yeah, I saw that. I should have been more specific as I was referring to their other product and not based on your response. That is a great kit.

OP, I would look to purchase from one place like Performance-PCS or FrozenCPU. You won't have to worry about just buying a kit if you want to buy each individual part based on your case and theme. Its very customizable. Take your time and do your research. It's a fun hobby.

Back