• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software for Making Game ISOs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trekky

Ok so I want to take all my old CD Games and put them in a ISO/Digital format, the main reason is I have many old game CDs and with windows 10 build in ISO mount I would love to just have all my games on a ISO format.
for some games I can easily make the image with IMG burn or Daemon tools, but most games Fail. is there a better software for making game ISOs?

Power ISO is what I use... but not sure how that would work for games.

What do you mean by fail? Meaning it won't load from the ISO or you cannot create the ISO with the software you listed?

Could try copying all files down off of the DVD and create an ISO with something like MagicISO.

Could also try Alcohol 120% (I think is what it is called, haven't done this for a long time).

CloneCD?

With what error? I've never had an issue ripping disks with imgburn unless the media was damaged.

I think is maybe copy protection as it only happens on some games such as Age of empires II (both disks).
I am at work right now I will post the error when I get home.

I used to use SlySoft AnyDVD for movies, no idea if it works for games for copy protection stuff.

1. Use Alcohol 120%.
2. Use MDF/MDS, not ISO. ISO (9660) is a single-track format - it doesn't support music discs, it doesn't support games that used track 1 for data and subsequent tracks for music, and it cannot store the information required to get around asinine copy-protection schemes that use standards-violating tricks that only work because of mechanical quirks in how a physical CD/DVD drive operates.

Back