• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5960x Will Only Boot At Default Settings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WolvenShadow

Registered
I just bought a 5960x. It'll only boot at optimized default settings. I change the CPU ratio at all won't boot, no bios screen, just a black screen. I tried just changing the CPU ratio to 40 and leave everything at default, not boot. Even tried that and raising the CPU voltages, no boot or BIOS screen. I had my 5930k running successfully at 4.46 GHZ with custom settings just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

KedarWolf. :confused:

Last edited:
What board is this on? List your hardware if you would...

Are you on the latest bios? If not, try flashing to it (instructions in the manual).

What other bios adjustments have you made? I mean you have raised the core ratio to 40x. That means the cache is at 40x too and maybe the cache can't take that much. Have you bumped up any voltages? You say it won't boot at 40x but will it boot at 32x?

What method did you use to flash the BIOS? I recently learned from ASUS that the best way to flash is with the BIOS flashback feature using a USB thumb drive. If you flashed the BIOS from the EZ Flash utility within the tools section of BIOS, it may not have applied any low level updates included in the update.
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

What board is this on? List your hardware if you would...

Are you on the latest bios? If not, try flashing to it (instructions in the manual).

Fixed, was a corrupt bios or a problem with the latest one. I flashed 1401n and everything is fine now. My 5960x will run at 4.6 GHZ with 1.328v CPU and 1.95v input voltage and the cache set at the same but runs too hot even with an Corsair H110i GT so I'm running at 4.46 GHZ with 1.265 v and cache set at same with 1.95v input voltage.

Back